Hacking Question Updating SysMMC to latest FW

GodGift

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got Mariko switch with SX Core and hack was done when OS was on 10.0.4 and haven't updated it since as didn't need it. Recently I wanted to start using Switch to play online (obviously on OFW). After some reading here and help of other forum member I concluded that I can have CFW running on 11.0.0 and OFW updated in the console to 11.0.1. I'm on latest SXOS, all backed up. Done CFW update using Choi and that worked like a charm, no issues whatsoever. So then I boot OFW, go to update in setting menu, update is being downloaded, getting the message about reboot and then I can never boot to OFW - it always goes to black screen (I see SXOS boot screen, hold + and choose OFW). I can still get to CFW without problems and I can restore my 10.0.4 backup and that boots fine as well once restored so at the moment I have CFW 11.0.0 and OFW 10.0.4 and can boot to both without problems.
What am I doing wrong? Do I have to wait for SXOS to update or switch to Atmosphere? Is there any other way to update OFW to the latest and play online? Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to find answer on the forums but couldn't get straight answer or solution.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got Mariko switch with SX Core and hack was done when OS was on 10.0.4 and haven't updated it since as didn't need it. Recently I wanted to start using Switch to play online (obviously on OFW). After some reading here and help of other forum member I concluded that I can have CFW running on 11.0.0 and OFW updated in the console to 11.0.1. I'm on latest SXOS, all backed up. Done CFW update using Choi and that worked like a charm, no issues whatsoever. So then I boot OFW, go to update in setting menu, update is being downloaded, getting the message about reboot and then I can never boot to OFW - it always goes to black screen (I see SXOS boot screen, hold + and choose OFW). I can still get to CFW without problems and I can restore my 10.0.4 backup and that boots fine as well once restored so at the moment I have CFW 11.0.0 and OFW 10.0.4 and can boot to both without problems.
What am I doing wrong? Do I have to wait for SXOS to update or switch to Atmosphere? Is there any other way to update OFW to the latest and play online? Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to find answer on the forums but couldn't get straight answer or solution.
There is a very good chance SX OS will never be updated to support anything higher than 11.0.0, so switching to Atmosphere is recommended, and likely necessary, if you want to update to 11.0.1. That being said, you shouldn't be going online with a sysMMC or emuMMC if you are using CFW and pirated games with it, or you will likely be banned.

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to use genuine boot when you want to boot OFW 11.0.1.

GodGift

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, that's what I was wondering. Do I have to do genuine boot first to 10.0.4 (as I have it set up now), run the update and genuine boot again to finish installing the update?

EDIT:
Done, worked perfectly! 11.0.1 OFW and 11.0.0 CFW. Thanks kerelenko!

Haven't been banned yet but to be honest not going to use OFW to avoid banning is pretty much same as being banned to worth a try as not really planning to de-mod (de-hack?) my Switch :P

Last edited by GodGift,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's what I was wondering. Do I have to do genuine boot first to 10.0.4 (as I have it set up now), run the update and genuine boot again to finish installing the update?

EDIT:
Done, worked perfectly! 11.0.1 OFW and 11.0.0 CFW. Thanks kerelenko!

Haven't been banned yet but to be honest not going to use OFW to avoid banning is pretty much same as being banned to worth a try as not really planning to de-mod (de-hack?) my Switch :P
Well as long as you have a clean eMMC backup made before running CFW/homebrew, you can "unhack" your Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now