Hacking Updating N3DS Games?

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I recently purchases a N3DS and unlocked Gateway Mode in it using the CubicNinja exploit and downgraded SYSNAND to 4.5 using the DevTool.3DS. I have a few games that I would like to update (Pokemon ORAS, Majora's Mask, Tomodachi Life, ect.) but my EMUNAND is at 9.02 and I can't update without losing support for Gateway mode.

I still have my old 3DS with SYSNAND also on 4.5 but I can upgrade that one to the latest EMUNAND in order to access E-SHop on that 3DS.

1-Is there a way to transfer the game updates from my old 3DS to my N3DS? If so how so?

2-Can I use the same Gateway RED CARD for both 3DS's? (My thoughts are yes, or will something change on the Red CARD once I update my old 3DS to the lastest EMUNAND?)

Thanks for your help.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You need to download the update as a cia file from that certain rom site and install it with devmenu
2. You waited too long and 9.6+ emunand is blocked. You must wait for gateway to update to support 9.7 emunand on n3ds
3. Yes. The red card is a drm dongle. You don't need the red card to even play the games. Install the games as cia instead

Reactions: VinsCool

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few games that I would like to update (Pokemon ORAS, Majora's Mask, Tomodachi Life, ect.) but my EMUNAND is at 9.02 and I can't update without losing support for Gateway mode.

2. You waited too long and 9.6+ emunand is blocked. You must wait for gateway to update to support 9.7 emunand on n3ds

You CAN update your EmuNAND to a specific version manually, you just need to use something like 3DNUS to download the update files for the specific version you want to go to (9.5.0-23 is the newest supported EmuNAND under Gateway on N3DS currently). You would then install the downloaded update CIAs from 3DNUS with something in Gateway EmuNAND mode with FBI/DevMenu. Make sure you install your updates in EmuNAND, NOT SysNAND!!! ^_^

Reactions: genericuser

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You CAN update your EmuNAND to a specific version manually, you just need to use something like 3DNUS to download the update files for the specific version you want to go to (9.5.0-23 is the newest supported EmuNAND under Gateway on N3DS currently). You would then install the downloaded update CIAs from 3DNUS with something in Gateway EmuNAND mode with FBI/DevMenu. Make sure you install your updates in EmuNAND, NOT SysNAND!!! ^_^

This does nothing on n3ds since gateway spoofs firmware.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does nothing on n3ds since gateway spoofs firmware.

No, it gives you access to features such as Home Menu Theme shuffling and Amiibo access in games like Smash Bros. (as Amiibo settings support was added in 9.3+). It's not required by any means with Gateway on EmuNAND, but it DOES give you access to a few more features.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks, I just have just two (one) more question. . .
1-Can I install a CIA update for a game which the update came out after EMUNAND 9.5? I know this one came before but something like Pokemon Omega Ruby-v1.4 update?
2-What benefits do I get updating to EMUNAND 9.5 as opposed to staying on on 9.02? I just read the post above thanks!

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your O3DS is on an exploitable firmware, you might as well update the EmuNAND on that console to 9.7 and download updates normally. If you launch EmuNAND with rxTools, you could also use that to dump your ticket.db file then you could use that in conjunction with FunkCIA to download CIAs of your legit eShop content. Then take those non-system specific CIAs to install on your N3DS (if you don't want to just download the update CIAs from those sites).

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, I just have just two (one) more question. . .
1-Can I install a CIA update for a game which the update came out after EMUNAND 9.5? I know this one came before but something like Pokemon Omega Ruby-v1.4 update?
2-What benefits do I get updating to EMUNAND 9.5 as opposed to staying on on 9.02? I just read the post above thanks!

You probably want to get your emunand to 9.4 because that is currently the highest required fw to play everything. Get an UNTRIMMED rom(.3ds no cia) of xenoblade chronicles. Enter emunand through gateway mode WHILE HOLDING UP ON THE DPAD. Launch the rom and it will prompt you to update your emunand to 9.4. Make sure your in emunand. Thten just download and install the cia updates of your choice using bbm or fbi in emunand after confirming your on 9.4.

Ans yes to your question ive updated all my pokemon games, mh4u, xenoblade chronicles to the max and im on 9.4 n3ds xl.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You probably want to get your emunand to 9.4 because that is currently the highest required fw to play everything. Get an UNTRIMMED rom(.3ds no cia) of xenoblade chronicles. Enter emunand through gateway mode WHILE HOLDING UP ON THE DPAD.

Is there any game other than Xenoblade Chronicles which I can use in order to update to 9.4?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any game other than Xenoblade Chronicles which I can use in order to update to 9.4?

You don't even need a game. You can get update data CIAs of a specific firmware, install those from emunand with BigBlueMenu, and you are done. You better get 9.5 data, above versions do not work on N3DS yet.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't even need a game. You can get update data CIAs of a specific firmware, install those from emunand with BigBlueMenu, and you are done. You better get 9.5 data, above versions do not work on N3DS yet.

How do I aquire these?
I have .3ds of Fossil Fighter Frontier and Code Name STEAM if anything, will these work?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently purchases a N3DS and unlocked Gateway Mode in it using the CubicNinja exploit and downgraded SYSNAND to 4.5 using the DevTool.3DS.

Only an original 3DS/3DSXL lets you downgrade SysNAND to 4.x. However, on a N3DS you might have installed the mset .cia, which downgrades only the system settings part to 4.x (leaving everything else alone).

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Only an original 3DS/3DSXL lets you downgrade SysNAND to 4.x. However, on a N3DS you might have installed the mset .cia, which downgrades only the system settings part to 4.x (leaving everything else alone).

I have I'm currently working on updating to 9.4 or 9.5 (whichever).

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we even do this on N3DS? Downgrading sysnand to 4.5?

I think this guy is mistaken.
Yes, there is a tutorial in maxconsoles which you can look up. . .

For updating to 9.5 I heard people also use 3DNUS but it looks complicated . . .

EDIT-I'm just going to wait, I really won't be using any of the features that 9.3+ comes with and it should take more than 2 months which is barely enough time for me to get through 3 of the games I'm currently into.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes, there is a tutorial in maxconsoles which you can look up. . .

For updating to 9.5 I heard people also use 3DNUS but it looks complicated . . .

EDIT-I'm just going to wait, I really won't be using any of the features that 9.3+ comes with and it should take more than 2 months which is barely enough time for me to get through 3 of the games I'm currently into.

You can't downgrade a N3DS to 4.5! (Note: N3DS = New 3DS, O3DS = Original/Old 3DS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E