Updating my 3ds

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm sorry if this has been discussed in another thread. I'm pressed for time ATM with no time to search and the searching I did, didn't really help alot.

I haven't really messed with my 3ds in a while and want to add some games to it. But it needs some updates.

3ds version 11.15.0-47U
Godmode9 exp V1.3.1
Luma 3Ds V 10.2.1

What updates do I need to do in order to add games? I have also forgotten how to get and add games on this system and since the e store is closed. Only way is to load them this way. Thank you for any help you guys have always been awesome and helpful!

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd recommend downloading Universal Updater (either open FBI and scan the QR code to install or download the cia and install normally with FBI).
Open Universal Updater - from there you will be able to update Luma and GM9 (and many other homebrew apps).
Once you've updated Luma and GM9 you can safely do a system update to get you on the latest fw.

As for where to find games... can't tell you that here.

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for quick reply. I tried the QR code through FBI and it kept giving me an authentication error. I'm gonna try to manually install the cia file after I get my son off to school. Will let u know how it goes!

Reactions: duwen

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend downloading Universal Updater (either open FBI and scan the QR code to install or download the cia and install normally with FBI).
Open Universal Updater - from there you will be able to update Luma and GM9 (and many other homebrew apps).
Once you've updated Luma and GM9 you can safely do a system update to get you on the latest fw.

As for where to find games... can't tell you that here.

Thank you, that worked. I updated luma, but the universal updated is confusing lol. Like idk which godmode to update or what the other apps do. As in which ones are the best to use. Is there anywhere that explains what they are and do?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, there are a few different flavours of GM9 on there depending on whether you're after the 3ds, ds or dsi versions, but they're fairly easy to differentiate; the two ds versions will be .nds file types, so don't grab those.
As for the other stuff on UniUpdater - there's an info button that gives a brief description of what the homebrew is. The only definitively 'essential' stuff is Luma and Godmode9, with Twilight++ being a solid addition if you intend to run NDS roms (and GBA/GBC/GB and a bunch of other emu's) from your SD card. Other than that, just explore and try out anything that sounds useful or interesting. Most homebrew has threads on here, so use GBATemps search for more details on anything.

Qeality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, its that easy? Universal updater can update CFW and all the other homebrew apps I already have installed? Afterwards just update my NN3Ds through settings? Is there anything else I have to do? This is much more simplified compared to sthetix latest video

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: