Updating games

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by jahrs, Oct 8, 2018.

1. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    Hey guy was wondering if theres anyway for me to download updates for my games normally while running sx os i keep getting an error which i think means im banned and dont feel like chasing down updates on the internet.

Unless im being stupid and theres a way to download updates by launching standard OS. either way thanks for your help

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you are getting the error code 2181-4008 upon trying to update your games, then you are banned.

3. Jasmin95

Jasmin95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United States
    i think it’s just a game save update
    i had the same problem with every game i already done playing or the ones I was already playing

4. mark.m.moran

mark.m.moran GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2007
    I have a virgin Switch, never linked to a Nintendo account and some XCI's on it. DOOM is one of them and when I connect the Switch to the internet and try to update the game should I be able to do this or do I first need to have a Nintendo account setup on the device?

Thanks

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You don't need a Nintendo Account to update games.

6. mspy

mspy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Brazil
    When a game has multiple updates released over time, does the latest one always contain all previous updates on it, or do we need to install all updates available one by one ? (I usually update using NSP files from the internet)

7. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Only the latest one is needed. It includes everything updated before.

8. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    STEALTH MODE!

PsychOsmosis and phonz like this.
  9. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    lol forgot i asked this question turns out yes stealth mode was on so i was getting that error because of it. then turned it off and tried to download updates and turned out i was banned since i got the banned error.

10. gene0915

gene0915 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    Good luck! I'm also super banned (couldn't care less) and chasing down game updates is a royal pain in the a$$. Sure, that dark site has some updates but with all the stinking captcha links they use (and the malware installing pop-ups that come with those stupid links), it's just too frustrating.

I sure hope that that BOB app can work a miracle or somebody comes up with an app that will at least make it easy to keep games up to date. I have yet to find a single site/link for current game updates. Not that game updates are SUPER critical but it would be nice to keep things patched on my local side. Heck, I'd even pay for that service!

11. Cerulis

Cerulis Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2018
    United States
    I boot in OFW and update from there (talking xcis, of course). Haven't been banned.

12. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    my current issue is that i get the update to latest firmware thing so i cant do much since i lack a usb c cable to use the pc program to update it manually

13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    You're not supposed to be updating games while running sx-os. You update the game running OFW and then you boot into SX-OS as they share same save/update data.

14. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    yeah figured that part out after a few hours now my issue is updating the console but im fine for now i guess

15. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    You shouldn't be updating your games in cfw using the internet anyway stealth mode actually saved you from a potential ban. If you want to updates games in cfw get used to using nsp updates

16. phonz

phonz GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2018
    Canada
    i've just been blocking the aauth telemetry via proxy and have had good luck. You have to let dauth happen now, but even then my Switch seems to not be banned after like 4 months now? I could just be lucky though.

17. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    If hes using xci he could just update the games through ofw thats what I have been doing for a very long time as well

sonny15 likes this.
  18. sonny15

sonny15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2018
    United States
    i have an nsp file on memory card should i delete that file before updating XCi file through OFW

19. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    If you have previous nsp updates or dlc on a xci game no you don't have to delete them

sonny15 likes this.
  20. sonny15

sonny15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2018
    United States
    they're actually NSP games should i get rid of those before updating my xci games? I just bought Sxpro trying to figure it out