Hacking Updating Games Offline

Coman28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont mean to start a whole new thread about this, but I wasnt finding any similar answers. I was wondering if there was a way to download update data for a game, and install it with a Homebrew method? My internet is terrible, and I'd rather have an update downloading on my PC, rather than having it ever so slowly updating on my switch. Thanks!

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way is CDNX, but even then you need to supply your console's cert and it's a risk. Then you use layeredFS to apply it over your game.

Basically: No, just update your games while running SX-OS. Might get banned but w/e

Coman28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response guys. Yeah I really dont care about online play as it is, but just curious.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Only way is CDNX, but even then you need to supply your console's cert and it's a risk. Then you use layeredFS to apply it over your game.

Basically: No, just update your games while running SX-OS. Might get banned but w/e
Don't do this, there's just a too high risk of being banned.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do this, there's just a too high risk of being banned.

We're not even sure the Switch sends the game's cert when updating it, since game updates aren't "account-based" in eshop or the CDN.

Myself and most SX OS users are just updating them. As long as someone is aware of their risks and doesn't come on gbatemp bitching about it, they're good to go.

Reactions: King_Knoedel

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
We're not even sure the Switch sends the game's cert when updating it, since game updates aren't "account-based" in eshop or the CDN.

Myself and most SX OS users are just updating them. As long as someone is aware of their risks and doesn't come on gbatemp bitching about it, they're good to go.
You are right, we don't know yet, but before we don't know more about it, I wouldn't recommend anyone to connect to the internet with a hacked console. In the end it, everyone has to decide for himself if he takes the risk or not. I don't.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right, we don't know yet, but before we don't know more about it, I wouldn't recommend anyone to connect to the internet with a hacked console. In the end it, everyone has to decide for himself if he takes the risk or not. I don't.
Do iiiiit you know you want to :D

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
it sure is tempting to want to update the games (most of them have updates available!).
but lets all play it safe for now, im sure we'll have some safe way of updating etc. later on.

AFuen4321

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, with an another swith which have the update. There is an option for this

This, I had my switch at work and so did my friend, we tried to play Mario Kart but he never connected his switch to the internet for a while and his Game was out of date but there is a option to copy a never version of the software if another player has it on their switch

https[://]en-americas-support.nintendo[Dot]com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27541/~/how-to-update-software-data-via-a-local-user

Don't know if it will work if the switch's are on Different Firmware.

Reactions: mark.m.moran

alienware777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't tell people to do it via sx os, at least tell them to reboot to OFW and update there. The card slot data is exactly the same whether you loaded via sx os or put in a real physical cart. You can test this via nand dumps and examining the section relating to the slots. You still might get banned via logs or any other detection method of course, but at least this way the updating aspect is safer.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's possible to use DevMenu to install Updates while being offline.
Update Tickets are not console unique, so repacking a decrypted Update + Ticket from sd card into a nsp and then installing it via DevMenu works.
I tested this myself, so i know it works.

Only downside is, there are basically no Update nsp's shared anywhere, because it's not userfriendly to create them.

KHShadowrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to use DevMenu to install Updates while being offline.
Update Tickets are not console unique, so repacking a decrypted Update + Ticket from sd card into a nsp and then installing it via DevMenu works.
I tested this myself, so i know it works.

Only downside is, there are basically no Update nsp's shared anywhere, because it's not userfriendly to create them.

This seems like it would be such a bigger deal than people are letting on, especially for those not on the latest firmware. At least I'm very interested in it - just how non-userfriendly would it be? I presume update file aren't neatly stored in their own location for easy pulling...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1