Hacking Updating FW Prep?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I backed up the mSD card in my hackable Switch onto my USB HDD before I go through with Switch FW update process. Anyway, after I did the backup of mSD, and after I update Hekate and Atmosphere, is there any prep stuff I need to do before I update Switch FW with ChoiDujourNX? I am planning on going from 8.1.0 to 10 something. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi guys. I backed up the mSD card in my hackable Switch onto my USB HDD before I go through with Switch FW update process. Anyway, after I did the backup of mSD, and after I update Hekate and Atmosphere, is there any prep stuff I need to do before I update Switch FW with ChoiDujourNX? I am planning on going from 8.1.0 to 10 something. Thoughts and help appreciated :)
It would be better if you update with Daybreak on emunand and Sysnand with official method.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you backup your nand and all? I always update using choix and don't use emunand or anything

I think I have a rawNAND backup. Is that what you meant? I am a little scared/nervous about updating... When I first used choix to update to 8.0.1, I got scared when system rebooted to black screen and I had to power system off and on again. Thought I bricked it.

Last edited by Skeet1983,

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I think I have a rawNAND backup. Is that what you meant? I am a little scared/nervous about updating... When I first used choix to update to 8.0.1, I got scared when system rebooted to black screen and I had to power system off and on again. Thought I bricked it.
Yes, that's the correct one. You should create an emuNAND to be safer. If your switch banned, you don't have that much reason to update sysNAND, just create one and update emuNAND with Daybreak(comes pre-installed with latest atmosphere). Don't forget to update atmosphere and hekate too.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It should be fine I always update without any issues, as long as you have your BOOT0 and BOOT1 RAWNAND.BIN. in this case you'd be able to restore your switch in case of any issues. Just download the version of Fw of your choice (I'm on the latest myself) make sure you get it from a legit place though. Put it in the Fw folder and got to choixdujour and update

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It should be fine I always update without any issues, as long as you have your BOOT0 and BOOT1 RAWNAND.BIN. in this case you'd be able to restore your switch in case of any issues. Just download the version of Fw of your choice (I'm on the latest myself) make sure you get it from a legit place though. Put it in the Fw folder and got to choixdujour and update
Ps I use SX myself, in your case use Daybreak as it's more updated and will update your switch the same way you do it on nintendo servers.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the help and info! You said to use Daybreak for updating FW? I never have used that before, only previously used choix. Is Daybreak easy to use? Do I need internet connection for it?

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help and info! You said to use Daybreak for updating FW? I never have used that before, only previously used choix. Is Daybreak easy to use? Do I need internet connection for it?
It's pretty straight forward to use and no u don't need net.

Here's a tutorial

Last edited by HideoKojima,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's a tutorial

I was able to update to 10.0.2.0! I have a problem though, I cant boot into cfw! It says failed to apply nosigchk or something. What can I do? Help appreciated :)

I was able to update to 10.0.2.0! I have a problem though, I cant boot into cfw! It says failed to apply nosigchk or something. What can I do? Help appreciated :)

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's a tutorial
I'd remove that video if I were you because in the description, it links to a site with Nintendo Switch firmware files which are warez. If a moderator finds out, you could be subject to a warning or even a ban.

EDIT: Video has been removed. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: HideoKojima

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd remove that video if I were you because in the description, it links to a site with Nintendo Switch firmware files which are warez. If a moderator finds out, you could be subject to a warning or even a ban.

Hi Draxzelex! I was able to update to 10.0.2.0 with Daybreak! I have a problem though, I cant boot into cfw! It says failed to apply nosigchk or something. What can I do? Help appreciated :)

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: Video has been removed. Thank you for your cooperation.
Didn't see the links thanks for bringing this up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr