Hacking Updating from sys 11.5.0 will it work?

buCKshoTZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My new3ds keeps popping up with an update available and i am running sys 11.5.0. Im wondering if i run the update will everything still work like normal after the update? If u need more info on my current setup to determine if its safe i can provide that! Tia! Merry christmas!

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you on CFW?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, regardless if you have CFW or not, it wont change much. Just update!

Reactions: Quantumcat

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's safe to update. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's safe to update, period, at this point thanks to ntrboothax, so even if your console isn't hacked, it's safe to update. If it is hacked (assumedly you're using B9S+Luma), then it's completely safe.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's safe to update. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's safe to update, period, at this point thanks to ntrboothax, so even if your console isn't hacked, it's safe to update. If it is hacked (assumedly you're using B9S+Luma), then it's completely safe.
For future readers, if on 11.3 or less without CFW DO NOT UPDATE until you have installed CFW.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
For future readers, if on 11.3 or less without CFW DO NOT UPDATE until you have installed CFW.
Because you can hack it without a flashcard, yep, though if you already have a compatible card for ntrboothax, you can update either way (though I'd argue things like Soundhax are a bit more straight-forward to do).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night