Hacking Updating emuMMC atmosphere

Robika

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi so I my friends switch is on v9.1.0 with SXOS and he asked me to migrate everything to Atmosphere. I created a emuMMC and I wanted to update the emuMMC to 11.0.1 and restore the original nand copy we made when we first hacked his switch. The console was once updated once, with ChoiDujourNX. My questions are:
Can I update the emuMMC without autoRCM? How will it affect the emuMMC?
Can I recover the original clean NAND copy?

Last edited by Robika,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Can I update the emuMMC without autoRCM?
AutoRCM has nothing to do with this. Or with other words said, your fuses are not affected (for the case you want to know that) because you use a custom bootloader and autorcm (which means you never burn fuses anymore).

How will it affect the emuMMC?
Your emuMMC setup will not be affected from anything. Or whatever you mean with this question. Update atmosphere first and then use daybreak (this is a firmware updater from sciresm, also inside the latest atmosphere release) to update the firmware to the latest.

This is theoretically not neccessary. If you never booted a cfw in the sysMMC, a factory reset should be enough to be prevented from a ban.

Robika

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is theoretically not neccessary. If you never booted a cfw in the sysMMC, a factory reset should be enough to be prevented from a ban.
He booted into custom firmware. That is why I want to recover the original clean image. Is there an option in hetake to check if the backup is viable for restoration?

I updated to 11.0.1 via Daybreak and now physical games won't read. How can I fix this?

Last edited by Robika,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He booted into custom firmware. That is why I want to recover the original clean image. Is there an option in hetake to check if the backup is viable for restoration?

I updated to 11.0.1 via Daybreak and now physical games won't read. How can I fix this?
How do you boot into Atmosphere?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I have the same issue.
I just updated my emuMMC from 10.0.3 to 11.0.1 using daybreak, AMS0.18.1, totalJustice Patches, and now it says the inserted card can't be read.

I'm booting AMS from fusee-primary (through hekate v5.5.4 & Nyx v1.0.1, but selecting Fusée-primary manually from the payload sub menu).

Maybe a default setting in AMS is set to not update the card firmware ?
or something about exosphere? I'm using the exosphere version of AMS. I didn't try the non-exo version.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I have the same issue.
I just updated my emuMMC from 10.0.3 to 11.0.1 using daybreak, AMS0.18.1, totalJustice Patches, and now it says the inserted card can't be read.

I'm booting AMS from fusee-primary (through hekate v5.5.4 & Nyx v1.0.1, but selecting Fusée-primary manually from the payload sub menu).

Maybe a default setting in AMS is set to not update the card firmware ?
or something about exosphere? I'm using the exosphere version of AMS. I didn't try the non-exo version.
It is the default setting of Atmosphere to not update the cartridge slot if the fuse count is lower than expected (which happens if you have AutoRCM installed and update). You can edit BCT.ini to allow the cartridge slot to be updated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for the quick answer :)
I guess it'll also fix itself when I'll update the sysMMC to 11.0.1 and burn fuses?
no need to edit BCT in that case, and I suppose the card firmware will be written by MMC instead of eMMC.

I don't need to keep fuse lower than OFW.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the quick answer :)
I guess it'll also fix itself when I'll update the sysMMC to 11.0.1 and burn fuses?
no need to edit BCT in that case, and I suppose the card firmware will be written by MMC instead of eMMC.

I don't need to keep fuse lower than OFW.
As long as the fuses are actually burnt, I think the game cartridge slot will be updated without having to edit BCT.ini. However, merely updating your sysMMC to 11.0.1 by itself won't necessarily burn your fuses: You have to both update your sysMMC to 11.0.1 and reboot into OFW without a custom bootloader like Hekate or fusee-primary to burn your fuse count. If you do that though, the game cartridge slot is going to update itself anyway.

Reactions: Cyan

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi so I my friends switch is on v9.1.0 with SXOS and he asked me to migrate everything to Atmosphere. I created a emuMMC and I wanted to update the emuMMC to 11.0.1 and restore the original nand copy we made when we first hacked his switch. The console was once updated once, with ChoiDujourNX. My questions are:
Can I update the emuMMC without autoRCM? How will it affect the emuMMC?

You can update emuMMC within emuMMC using Atmosphere's daybreak. It will only update the emuMMC and leave your NAND's f/w untouched.

Don't restore your "clean" backup over the NAND. Nintendo syncs logging with your system, so if you revert to a previous backup, you could trigger a ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol