Hacking Updating cia installed games with cia update files...

DaveC1964

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i have a game I installed with FBI and needs updating I can just install the update cia file. The question is if say there are three update files from older to newer can I just install the newest one directly or do I need to update with the old one, then newer, then newest? I am guessing I can just install the one latest update file and be fine but want to make sure.

Also I see some update cia files with the tag (embedded update) . What does that mean, is it the whole game? If so I wouldn't use that one to update an existing install right?

Last edited by DaveC1964,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If i have a game I installed with FBI and needs updating I can just install the update cia file. The question is if say there are three update files from older to newer can I just install the newest one directly or do I need to update with the old one, then newer, then newest? I am guessing I can just install the one latest update file and be fine but want to make sure.

Also I see some update cia files with the tag (embedded update) . What does that mean, is it the whole game? If so I wouldn't use that one to update an existing install right?
The update will be overwritten if you install another one, so just install the latest one, it contains everything.

Yes, eShop games usually update the base game, instead of installing the update as a separate title. Retail games can't do that, since the cart itself can't be updated, so for retail games the update is always separate.

Reactions: DaveC1964

DaveC1964

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update will be overwritten if you install another one, so just install the latest one, it contains everything.

Yes, eShop games usually update the base game, instead of installing the update as a separate title. Retail games can't do that, since the cart itself can't be updated, so for retail games the update is always separate.
Ok so if I have a game that has never been updated I can use the latest update and not need to update with the first, then second, etc. That is what I thought but wasn't sure.

Do you know what the (embedded update) cias are?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL