Hacking Updates from store bought CD's

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some searching on this and I've ran across things like wiiscrub or wiibrickblocker but, and correct me if I'm wrong, that appears to be ways to remove updates and what not from game images you have. However I'm curious about updates that store bought games need to run. For instance. I just opened my Wii console today. I followed the instructions and hacked the wii without issue. I burned and played COD : WAW without issue. Then I opened Guitar Hero World Tour that I got for xmas and inserted the CD. I had to install an update from the CD in order to play it. Do these things break the wiiloader?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, if it's a channel already, no. Just install Starfall!
smile.gif

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First things first, don't bother doign disc updates, as it would stop homebrew channel from working, that is if you are using homebrew, if you are using a modchip thats a different story, what i suggest is instead of running the game throught the disc channel, run it through the backup loader, or downgrade your wii's firmware to 3.2 and install starfall, as it will disable any disc update in the future.

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happens if you do it through gamma, does it just ignore the update as if it never needed one?

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to have 3.2 or starfall will not work, I think, but thats what i've heard, so upgrade to 3.2 then install starfall, Its really great.

EDIT: I have it on my wii and my firmware is at 3.2

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no its something that installs on your wii, it allows you to disable updates, get rid of the sound in the wii menu, helps you umbrick your wii if its partially bricked and many other things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs