Hacking Updated to OFW 4.82, help!

VeryNew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello,

So our PS3 at home was at CFW and had installed multiMan at 4.55. I'm not sure what type of CFW was installed as I had no idea about stuff like this before. Recently, I made the mistake of connecting the console to the Internet and updating it OFW 4.82, and because of that, I can't access multiMan anymore and it shows the error 80010017. Based on past threads, I believe that the CFW is gone :(

I was wondering if I could get someone to downgrade the OFW to an earlier version so that the PS3 can somehow get the CFW back. I heard the service provider say something about a JTAG that would come back if it gets downgraded. But I really don't know how this works despite searching again and again, please help!

Thank you in advance ^^

Last edited by VeryNew,

VeryNew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks! Read through it though I'm very reluctant to do it myself because of fear that I might it up.

So does it mean that there can be another CFW from 4.82 that can be installed again despite having had CFW before?

I read through a thread that stated some point of no return thing when you upgrade your CFW to OFW but I'm hoping that it's not the case which is why I'm asking around now.

I just really want to be able to use it again like before without screwing it up myself, hoping that a downgrading or jailbreaking service could work, I plan on getting it done later or tomorrow.

:/ Sorry, just really new to this.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thanks! Read through it though I'm very reluctant to do it myself because of fear that I might it up.

So does it mean that there can be another CFW from 4.82 that can be installed again despite having had CFW before?

I read through a thread that stated some point of no return thing when you upgrade your CFW to OFW but I'm hoping that it's not the case which is why I'm asking around now.

I just really want to be able to use it again like before without screwing it up myself, hoping that a downgrading or jailbreaking service could work, I plan on getting it done later or tomorrow.

:/ Sorry, just really new to this.
You can just follow the PS3xploit to downgrade to 3.55(or install any 4.82 CFW.)

Don't spend money in something you can do for free and much easier

The exploit is really just setting your PS3 to accept any Update file, you just run the exploit, and install Rebug 4.82(or any other that you like)

Just follow the guide step by step, and if anything just ask here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on...