Hacking Updated to 7.0 by mistake, had AutoRCM

Vampir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I had my Switch online and tried running a game and I got the message that software update is available. I thought it was game update, but system updated itself within 2 seconds and I'm on 7.0 now. After rebooting I got an pkg1 error. I thought it might be corrupted SD card (using exfat), so I switch AutoRCM off and managed to boot to OFW. I made backup on 6.2 but I updated to 6.2 with exfat support. I didn't remember if I made partition backup.
By backup files look like:
BOOT1
BOOT2
rawnand.bin.00 to rawnand.bin.14

Questions are:
1. did I burn the fuses when entering OFW?
2. can I check on what fuses my backup was vs current fuses?
3. how come system update is so fast, does it preload?
4. do I have a full backup or is something else needed?
5. is it better to wait for atmosphere 7.0 or try restoring backup?
6. is there a way to prevent accidental updates (like for example on WiiU or PS4), or enabling parental controls, etc

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like your burnt your fuse since you update via system software update , just wait for Atmosphere 7.0.0 support or buy a license and use SX OS.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. Yes.
2. There is probably a way to tell what FW it is thus what fuses it needs. But I don't know how.
3. Yes. It is downloaded in the background (even if you disable automatic updates).
4. That should be a full backup.
5. If you need CFW asap (for whatever reason), go for the downgrade. But don't forget that you'd need to boot through RCM. If you want to wait, wait. It's on you.
6. DNS. For example 90DNS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't AutoRCM prevent burnt fuses?
Yes. But when you update officially, the byte is overwritten by the update, thus removed. That's why choidujoutNX installs it after an update.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Vampir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I tried restoring backup but I get an error that the file is not found. My backup was made to backup/numbers, but restore expected them from backup/numbers/restore.
Should I move my files to restore folder?

I noticed I didn't backup GPP Partitions. What are those? Can I still restore backup from eMMC Boot0/1 and RAW GPP?
I only have backup files named:
BOOT1
BOOT2

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't there been several disaster stories of people trying to downgrade back to 6.2 specifically? AKA, it's not possible? (for now)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't there been several disaster stories of people trying to downgrade back to 6.2 specifically? AKA, it's not possible? (for now)
It's always possible but a lot depends on your fuse count.

If I restore lower than 7.0 and my fuse count is matched to 7.0 then I'll have to always have to use a custom boot loader to boot.

Vampir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I made a backup of 7.0 as well, so if restoring backup doesn't work, I can always go back, right? Unless its interrupted during the procedure...

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I tried restoring backup but I get an error that the file is not found. My backup was made to backup/numbers, but restore expected them from backup/numbers/restore.
Should I move my files to restore folder?

I noticed I didn't backup GPP Partitions. What are those? Can I still restore backup from eMMC Boot0/1 and RAW GPP?
I only have backup files named:
BOOT1
BOOT2
You first need to join you 14 rawnand.bin parts to one using the joiner script to restore. Card need to be formated exfat. You can download the joiner script here https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

gkri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I downgrade my switch today.
Following the guide in the sdsetup site.
(I do not know if is allow to post an url)

Downgrade from 7 to 6.1 and then upgrade offline to 6.2.

Works like a charm.
20 minutes tu setup the PC and download an organize all files and other 20 to 30 minutes working with de console.

Reactions: JJTapia19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.