Hacking Updated to 4.2...Help?

teamsupreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have the HBC, and I put in Super Mario Galaxy 2, but when I did, I updated, forgetting that it would go to 4.2. Thankfully, I'm not bricked, but I think I lost some homebrew. The thing is, since the HBC is 1.0.6, it stayed on, but I'm not sure what else is still on there. Keep in mind, I have that Gator's Backup Loader App, plus the Shop Installer to get to the Shop Channel. If anyone can tell me what I lost, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You pretty much loast your cIOS's and they got replaced by stubs with max revision numbers and if you had a version of boot2 that wasn't 4, and had bootmii installed to boot2, you lost that as well. You also should've lost the trucha bug in any other IOS you had it in.

Basically just follow the modify part of the stickied guide to get stuff back (and likely more up to date as well). You could just run the hackmii installer through the hbc instead of bannerbomb if you need to install bootmii again (if you have a Wii that CAN install to boot2), but you might as well just do it through bannerbomb since it's already set up that way for you in the package. If you don't need/want to install bootmii, you can just skip that part and go right into the multi mod manager stuff to get the trucha bug back in IOS36 and then delete the cIOS stubs, and install the right ones.

Then I recommend you continue and also install Priiloader so you can block disc/online updates with it's hacks and not have to worry about that anymore.

teamsupreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, sorry to break it to you guys, but I just decided to update to 4.3, a dumb move I know, but whatever. All I want to know now is if the "stubs" that replaced the cIOS's will affect the Wii in any negative way from here on out. Thanks again.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the negative side now is you're gonna have to deal with a virgin Wii without homebrew now until stuff is released to work on 4.3. The stubs are the same as they were for 4.2 useless pieces of nothing that do nothing but remove your ability to play backups.

So yea just treat your Wii like it has no homebrew on it now and don't try to do anything to put it back on for now until new exploits are found. (Unless you had boot2 bootmii and a NAND backup, then you could just restore that, though you would lose any save progress you made between now and the time you made the backup. You could just backup saves first then restore then put them back though as long as they aren't protected saves).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂