Updated to 4.0 and Bricked

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sgwiiboy, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009

Updated to 4.0 and Bricked by sgwiiboy at 6:23 PM (1,029 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. sgwiiboy
    OP

Member sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    From this moment forward I am just going to laugh and ridicule anyone who has updated to 4.0 and managed to brick or semi brick their Wii because of their own idiocy. I will also include anyone who can't now install wads because they didn't intall IOS16 and CIOS36 before update.

If an update failed on you then fair enough but for anyone who cut the power during an update, didn't install what they should of done, tried to install 3.2 only mods on the 4.0 firmware or any number of the numerous stupid things people have done, it's TS I'm afraid.

If you can't be bothered to do a few minutes reading and follow the instructions of people who have successfully updated then more fool you. Frankly, if I had screwed my Wii by installing a mod that is recognised for only working on 3.2, I certainly wouldn't be on this forum announcing my stupidity to everyone.

2. kongsnutz

Member kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Australia
    I do see your point.............but making a thread about how stupid people are only makes you look like an A-hole........no offence as i know nothing about you.

Yes people need to read (this is why i stopped helping on my thread on 4.0 after 4 days of slaving) but i think making a thread saying you're going to laugh at them is maybe as stupid as updating without reading.

I'm not saying you are stupid but i do think this thread is!!

I know and see your point about this but i think if you really want to laugh at them......do it in private.

3. Praxis

Member Praxis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My Wii got bricked through other means a week after properly updating to 4.0 (tried to delete a VC game that wouldn't move, Wii locked up, had to be powered off, and was bricked). I take comfort at least in the fact that I followed all the guides and got screwed over by something out of my control [​IMG]

When Nintendo fixes it ($75 fee) I expect they'll update me to 4.0 with no HBC, leaving me screwed [​IMG]

4. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    OR we could trace their IPs and murder them all. *Insert hysterical laughter caused by an overdose of noobs repeating thesame questions without searching*

5. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I know there is a lot of information (more than wii need) on any subject concerning the wii but i got my wii a few weeks ago and it felt like walking into a mine field!

Ok once its done and all the files are sitting on your sd card you can say it wasn't that bad but there is quite a lot to take in for noobs with no pc/general knowledge under there belts and could be so easy to get it wrong, especually now with the 4.0 included in the mix.

This poster is a

TROLL

Sent here from troll land to troll the merky depths of gbatemp! [​IMG]

paul

6. sgwiiboy
    OP

Member sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Troll, A-hole, I don't mind what you call me. To be honest both are probably true LOL! The thread was probably stupid too!

I just cannot for the life of me understand how someone (especially a n00b) would go blindly charging into something without finding out exactly what to do and what could happen. Yes there is a lot of information but seriously, it's not that hard.

I don't mind being called an A-hole. As long as I am an A-Hole with a working Wii and not a fool with a bricked one, that's fine by me.

7. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Are you referring updating from the official Nintendo Update or using Waninkoko's updater to update to 4.0?
    Is there even a difference cause, I used Waninkoko's [​IMG] Thank god I waited and didn't turn it off xD
    It took a while to install after all.

+What Idiot would use the official update xD
    I used Waninkokos and it lets me install wads, etc and Didn't install any IOS that I know off xD

8. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Not calling you an " A-hole " as you put it but really there was no need for this thread!

paul

9. DiabolicalKid

Newcomer DiabolicalKid Member

United States
    What do you need to install before updating with startpatch 4.0?