Hacking updated sysNAND by mistake

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as the title says, I've accidentally updated my sysNAND through the nag/popup (basically through sys setting). Does it mean the end of the world for me or am I still safe?
Do note that I said sysNAND cos I've already split my Switch between sysNAND and emuNAND. I'm asking whether my account is screwed or not, and also follow up question;
since my sysNAND is now on 12.0.0, would it mean that my emuNAND is also updated to 12.0.0 too or is it still at 11.0.1?

as of the writing of this post, I hadn't done anything to both NANDs and again, I updated sysNAND through the sys setting, no cfw-related files/apps/homebrew is involved/ has ever touched my sysNAND...

Last edited by ANOUNYMOSGAMER,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
as the title says, I've accidentally updated my sysNAND through the nag/popup (basically through sys setting). Does it mean the end of the world for me or am I still safe?
Do note that I said sysNAND cos I've already split my Switch between sysNAND and emuNAND. I'm asking whether my account is screwed or not, and also follow up question;
since my sysNAND is now on 12.0.0, would it mean that my emuNAND is also updated to 12.0.0 too or is it still at 11.0.1?

Updating sysNAND doesn't touch emuMMC. It may burn fuses that 11.0.1 doesn't agree with.

I think in this case, it just affects the gameslot. You won't be able to use it for 11.0.1 emuMMC.

Assuming your sysNAND is clean, I don't see how your "account is screwed" unless you go play online on emuMMC. (emuNAND)

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I'm okay account-wise? that's good to know. gamecart slot is rarely used, so I think I can live with that.
then it also means I can boot up my emuNAND? since updating sysnand don't touch it...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so I'm okay account-wise? that's good to know. gamecart slot is rarely used, so I think I can live with that.
then it also means I can boot up my emuNAND? since updating sysnand don't touch it...

Yeah, but if there is a gamecard in the slot it might crash. That happened to me my first time.

I regularly use sysNAND and emuMMC, and I had to update sysNAND to 12 .0 for online gaming, and my emuMMC is staying on 11.0.1 for now so I can wait for the HB apps I like to be vetted/re-compiled.

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's very good to know, thank you. it's the first time I updated sysNAND through sys setting (unintentionally I might add) and seeing how many freaked out when accidentally updating of course that got me worried. but if emuMMC is untouched, then I'm good.
again, much appreciated dude.

Reactions: tabzer

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

as of the writing of this post, I hadn't done anything to both NANDs and again, I updated sysNAND through the sys setting, no cfw-related files/apps/homebrew is involved/ has ever touched my sysNAND...
As long as you don't go online with both sysMMC and emuMMC, your Nintendo Account is fine. Even then, Nintendo rarely bans Nintendo Accounts for hacking if ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1