Updated R4DS Kernel?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by d0uble0h, Jan 6, 2009.

1. d0uble0h
    OP

d0uble0h Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2009
    Canada
    I last updated my R4 kernel some time back in mid-November. Since then, all my games and cheats have been running fine. I put two newer games that won't run. They say something along the lines of "Cannot access save data. Reset DS." Now, the last time this happened, I just updated my R4 kernel. The reason I can't do this now is that the R4DS site hasn't been updated in a long time.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? I assume it's an outdated kernel issue because the problem has come up before, but I don't know where to get an updated version or how to do it manually.

I've also looked at this topic

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879

But I don't know how to use it. Thanks in advance.

2. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    hmm,can you try using YSMenu directly?perhaps you have a fake/clone R4 can you tell the name?you may try another rom,if they're both from the same host,try another

3. xshinox

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    you should just switch to YSmenu, get a different flash cart, or use piracy bypass codes (that is if the games you're playing wont proceed).

4. ComplicatioN

ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Aug 23, 2008
    Thousand Sunny
    ysmenu or arm7

5. d0uble0h
    OP

d0uble0h Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2009
    Canada
    How would I go about putting that on my R4? I don't understand the instructions in the other topic.

6. ShinRyouma

ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 6, 2008
    Indonesia
    Surabaya
    Ysmenu is a bit complicated, try Ysauto. Ysauto is easier than Ysmenu.

7. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice