Hacking Updated my Wii...

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm back again.
Everything updated, followed the guide to a t, and I'm still having problems.
I still can't install wads properly (freezes during installation, could be bad wad since the backup channel installed fine).
Backup launcher doesn't mount my SD card (could be a bad channel, the last loader I used could do it without a hitch).

So as for the wads, I'll go test some others and hope it's just the one I was trying earlier.
For the backup launcher, what channel do you recommend? It'll come in wad form anyway so it'll help with my wad test.
The channel I'm currently using is the Neo Gamma R7 one that was linked in the guide.

Edit: Oh and I can't seem to open the SD (the button to load wiiware games near the wii menu button) without it freezing, I'm assuming this is from BannerBomb since you needed to go to the SD in order to launch it, but I could be wrong.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a backup launcher in my guide that works perfectly. No reason for it not to work unless you missed a step somewhere or you have a bad SD card.

If you got one wad to work and not another, it's a bad wad.

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the SD card menu is from bannerbomb and if you delete the private folder on the card it'll stop. As your other problems try a different card maybe.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the one in your guide is the one I tried and it doesn't detect my SD card even though I KNOW my SD card is fine, before I updated I was using it on a different laucher with no problems.
Edit:
Nikj14 said:
the SD card menu is from bannerbomb and if you delete the private folder on the card it'll stop. As your other problems try a different card maybe.
Thank you, I'll do that.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have installed HBC (and DVDX and Bootmii) you can delete the private folder (and boot.elf) from the SD Card, other wise it may cause issues when accessing it, also to install it you don't click on the SD Card icon, go to, settings, data management, channels, then select SD Card.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
Once you have installed HBC (and DVDX and Bootmii) you can delete the private folder (and boot.elf) from the SD Card, other wise it may cause issues when accessing it, also to install it you don't click on the SD Card icon, go to, settings, data management, channels, then select SD Card.
Yeah I just worded it wrong, I did it the right way I just forgot to delete it is all.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the hell of it can someone provide me with a different backup launcher channel? I've had problems with certain ones not detecting it in the past aswell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-