Hacking Updated A9LH but still cant boot without SD?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, it means it will be unsupported. Like, the Wii U has officially hit it's "End Of Life" last month.

Does anyone else find it off that the original Wii got it's YouTube channel, as a final send-off gift from Nintendo? It confuses me why they waited until the console was dead and buried to get it an official YouTube app.
Maybe they foresaw TubeHax :-p

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are actually zero reasons to go to Sysnand if you already have Emunand
There is at least one: GBA VC works without having to install it at two different places and without booting to an unusual NAND when exiting.
Then there are "arguments" as "valid" as yours, such as "saves 2GB on the SD card". Well, that's true, the same "true" as for "You will always have a 9.2 console no matter what no matter how many updates" but in both cases, no one cares. 2GB only make a difference on 4GB or 8GB cards, and if you're still using one of them, it's not your setup (emuNAND to sysNAND) you should change but your SD card.

But yeah, keep your emuNAND if you want. I don't play GBA games so I don't care about that only argument and I like the extra layer of virtual security that the emuNAND provides.

Reactions: Searinox

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I very much doubt it. If you were using your 3DS in 2012-2014 with your attitude you would probably still be on 4.5.

If you do something against the norm, it may cause you compatibility issues down the line, and nobody is going to be able to help you troubleshoot because your set up is completely different to everyone else's and they won't be able to imagine what the problem is. You'll be completely on your own. Maybe it works fine now, but it might not later (granted that's a small risk today, given that 3DS will be EOL in the foreseeable future).

How did you connect those dots? But since you asked Ill tell you my history with 3DS. Bought it for MH3U in Spring 2013, used normally until Gateway came out, got a Gateway, then used MenuHax, then A9lh.. when I did a9lh 9.2 was the one to do it from so I did it from 9.2... no reason to update if it works just fine.

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So back to the title topic, on a O3ds xl I have copied arm9loaderhax.bin to ctrnand, however it still will not boot without the SD card removed...thoughts?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So back to the title topic, on a O3ds xl I have copied arm9loaderhax.bin to ctrnand, however it still will not boot without the SD card removed...thoughts?
You copied it to sysNAND right? Also make sure you set the config (in nand) to autoboot sysNAND since you can't boot emuNAND without sd

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There are actually zero reasons to go to Sysnand if you already have Emunand, and more than 1 reason to stay on Emunand.
If you play DS titles, TWL boots with sysNAND settings, including user profile and sysNAND clock. These are mostly set once and forget but if say you play old pokemon titles and you care about the time of your experience you will go to sysNAND at least twice a year to adjust its clock for daylight savings.

Reactions: Quantumcat

drguild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To answer questions.

The op figured it out.

But the deal is when you come to copy the Luma cfw a9lhloaderhax.bin from the root of the sdcard to CTRL nand you must do it in FBI while Sysnand is the loaded system, NOT when you are in Emunand.

This is due to the fact you have two CTRLnands, one being the internal Sysnand the other being Emunand.
Each has there own CTRLnand software installs on different versions obviously.

Basically think of it as two copies of windows installed each with there own windows directory on its drive.

Once that's done you can poweroff and remove the sdcard and everything will work fine.

To update Luma on Sysnand all you do is do the above every time you want to put Luma on the CTRL Sysnand.

---

As for why some people have a Emunand and A9LH I setup my A9 system a year ago when 10.3 was out and wasn't comfortable putting it as my Sysnand at the time just in-case something happened as 9.2 you had to downgrade to first before doing anything or I screwed up A9LH somewhere as I was learning a lot especially loaders CTRLboot etc and would rather screw up Emunand where I had a backup of the system as I kept Sysnand pristine on a version 9.2 that was the full hackable version at the time.

Eventually I would love myself to move to only Sysnand and I presume is the above why a lot of people kept there Sysnand stock.

The 3DS guide should probably be updated to reflect for Emunand users with a note to do the transfer of a9lhloaderhax.bin in Sysnand.

Last edited by drguild,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer the extra layer of security of emunand, for example, I screw up my 3ds at work, I need to wait to get home to get it fixed, but if I screw up my emunand just restore when I get home but sysnand still works, I prefer the setup, it feels that you are good no matter what, if that happens in a trip it would suck so much on a sysnand only

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.