Update Wii after 3 years with CFW

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by alemarco11, Apr 23, 2017.

1. alemarco11
    OP

alemarco11 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Italy
    Hi everybody. In these days I decided to sell my old Wii because I don't use it for a while and, for that, I want to update my CFW that I installed 3 yeras ago. For increase his value all must be perfect and easy to use for everyone. I also think that some homebrews like emulators, the Homebrew Browser and USB Loader GX might catch the attention. But what's the problem? I installed the CFW 3 years ago with an italian video guide (please do not massacre me for that, i was very inexperienced ;)) and, since that, I'm on IOS58 v.24.32 and with the ver.1.1.2 of the Homebrew Launcher. In this condition I can't install, for example, USB Loader GX and the Homebrew Channel because, at the end of the installation, there's a text that says "Installation aborted" or something like that. My Wii is also on 4.3E but, for some original discs if I want to launch them with the disc channel, it says that I have to update my system version despite there aren't any system updates after 4.3. I'm sincere, I've never been interested so much in the Wii scene because I can play all Wii games on my PC with Dolphin at 1080p 60 fps with MSAAX8 etc., it's ridiculous compare a game played on Dolphin and on Wii. Thanks and sorry if I made some mistakes :)

2. alemarco11
    OP

alemarco11 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Italy
    Nobody can help me? :(

3. geek_76

geek_76 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2007
    United States
    ScarletDreamz and alemarco11 like this.
  4. alemarco11
    OP

alemarco11 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Italy
  5. alemarco11
    OP

alemarco11 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Italy
    Ok, finally I updated my softmodded Wii, I added Priiloader, I updated the eShop without installing the "latest" firmware and I installed USBLoaderGX. Now I have two questions: I tried to put a game.iso in my USB (formatted in NTFS) in root/wbfs/name folder of the game but the loader doesn't recognize the game. And for second: I want to sell it, so I want to make as easier as possible for everyone, is there any way I can install the Homebrew Browser as a channel?

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Is it a Wii or GC game? GC loaders don't work with NTFS.

If you just want to sell it remove all non-Nintendo IOSes and reset it with the system menu.

7. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    i would like SetMiiUp to be stickied :C

8. alemarco11
    OP

alemarco11 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Italy
    I know that GC Games don't work with NTFS, but I tried with a Wii Game so I don't understand why it doesn't load the game. I don't want to sell it to Gamestop or stuff like that because, if I go there, they give me approximately 20$, my idea is to sell the console on Internet with softmod (near 70-80$ in Italy)
    First of all, congratulations for your SetMiiUp, is very easy to use and probably, thanks to you, everybody can have a softmodded Wii without do research and knowing the topic.
    Personally I also would set SetMiiUp sticked because, to find the topic, you must know the name of the tool and, for a person like me that doesn't follow very much the hacking scene of Wii, it's very very useful... I did a research on this forum and I was looking for something like this.

9. alemarco11
    OP

alemarco11 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Italy
    Ok, now I formatted my USB in FAT 32 and copy the game with Wii Backup manager and now USBLoaderGX can load the game (without cover, but it doesn't really matter). So now I have updated all cIOS, updated the eShop without "upgrading" the system (4.3E), installed USBLoaderGX, installed the Priiloader and configured it. I've done successfully a good update to my old Wii and I don't think that there's something else to do. A liitle advice: How much can I ask for my Wii (in american dollars) with 2 Wiimote, 1 Nunchuck and 7 original games? Thanks ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice