Hacking update sysnand to 9.2 using rom?

Commandertemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I looked at the 3ds.essh.co database, and I saw that Super.Smash.Bros.USA.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox requires 9.2U to run. Is there any way I can use the rom to update my sysnand to 9.2? If not, is there a way to update my emunand then restore the file to my sysnand?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just put in a SD card with no emuNAND on it.

Hold UP on the D-Pad and enter Gateway mode. I've done it before and it shouldn't brick you. Be safe and backup the NAND first though.

Having a SD card with no emuNAND means it'll boot back into sysNAND but let you play ROMs, and holding UP lets you install the cart update :P

Commandertemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hold UP on the D-Pad and enter Gateway mode. I've done it before and it shouldn't brick you. Be safe and backup the NAND first though.

Having a SD card with no emuNAND means it'll boot back into sysNAND but let you play ROMs, and holding UP lets you install the cart update :P

nice, so this means I can update the sysnand with a rom?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

thats not good info, many people have been bricked by updating in gateway mode, anything above 6.x will result in a brick unless you use another application to finish the install as gateway doesn't do it properly or something, but the application isnt public........basically unless the OP has a nand mod and is prepared for the worst its not worth the risk,

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats not good info, many people have been bricked by updating in gateway mode, anything above 6.x will result in a brick unless you use another application to finish the install as gateway doesn't do it properly or something, but the application isnt public........basically unless the OP has a nand mod and is prepared for the worst its not worth the risk,

To be fair I updated from 4.1 to 4.3 using Gateway mode, haven't tried anything above that

@ OP, I'd wait until someone else it's safe, I don't want to be responsible for you breaking something :/

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i update emunand with a rom?

Just always be sure to make a backup of emuNAND just incase the MD5 of your ROM isn't right and some of the update files didn't download correctly. Not very likely at this day and age in our world but still a possibility. I would just update emuNAND through system settings anyway though since you likely want to be on the latest for eShop access.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Super.Smash.Bros.USA.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox

the 9.2 firmware update

sky3ds

.3ds

download link: xxxx

Download links are not allowed!
I should remove it before you get a warning/ban

The best way to update your sysnand (if you really want to be on 9.2) is install rxTools, then boot into DEVMODE install sysupdater and get the 9.2 cia files on that iso site and update your sysnand to 9.2 in rxtools devmode with sysupdater.

IF you have a sky3ds, you can just write the correct rom with a 9.2 update to it and pop it in your 3DS and update

BUT be sure you have a browser in your current system, if not, you will be screwed

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (v01)

Super.Smash.Bros.USA.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox

The 9.2 firmware update

Unploder by NEOGEO

xxxxxxx

Download link: xxxxxx

And i tought you would get what i posted about roms not allowed!
You just put up an extra link to a wares site!

Last edited by DjoeN,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To be fair I updated from 4.1 to 4.3 using Gateway mode, haven't tried anything above that

@ OP, I'd wait until someone else it's safe, I don't want to be responsible for you breaking something :/

It, worked because the native_firm is not updated between 4.1 and 4.3.
OP, just use the rxTools devmode + sysupdater.

Last edited by VerseHell,
Reactions: wsquan171

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
---IF you have a sky3ds, you can just write the correct rom with a 9.2 update to it and pop it in your 3DS and update

BUT be sure you have a browser in your current system, if not, you will be screwed
sorry for the newb question - i just got a usa o3ds on 8.1 and want to update it to 9.2:blush:

I have both a gateway and a sky3ds -
so this says i can use the sky3ds with Super.Smash.Bros.USA.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox to get from 8.1 to 9.2

but i dont understand the part about ""BUT be sure you have a browser in your current system, if not, you will be screwed""

if i can right now use the web browser on my 8.1 to launch things like my gateway - am i ok to go ahead and update it with the sky and ssb??:wacko:

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
sorry for the newb question - i just got a usa o3ds on 8.1 and want to update it to 9.2:blush:

I have both a gateway and a sky3ds -
so this says i can use the sky3ds with Super.Smash.Bros.USA.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox to get from 8.1 to 9.2

but i dont understand the part about ""BUT be sure you have a browser in your current system, if not, you will be screwed""

if i can right now use the web browser on my 8.1 to launch things like my gateway - am i ok to go ahead and update it with the sky and ssb??:wacko:
You're good to go.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Jow Banks

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to 7.1 from 4.x, went fine, updated another o3ds from 4.x to 8.1 BRICKED:wtf:, then I found out that I can't do jack untill I update to 9.x :rofl2:. I'll probably try recovering the NANDs and try updating to 9.2 again with a rom as soon as my card reader arrives, (got a gateway card and no other entry points)!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1