Question Update sharing with hacked Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CeeDee, Jul 13, 2019.

1. CeeDee
    OP

CeeDee Doing The Best I Can

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    So say I have an unhacked Nintendo Switch with legitimate game purchases, and a hacked Switch with games at base versions, both at newest firmware. Will the Switch OS "update sharing" OS function work the same with a hacked Switch and an NSP copy of a game as it would with another unhacked Switch?

2. CeeDee
    OP

CeeDee Doing The Best I Can

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    Bump for an update: Yeah, it works a-ok.

3. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    yes it does work. also you can use sx dumper to backup the update data to nsp file

4. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Be careful with this, if your unhacked switch is on the latest firmware and your hacked switch isn't, it might update it
    it did with mine, but idk if it was just because of that or it was because the update required a new firmware version

5. SjorsMaster

SjorsMaster Ayy

Aug 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Enkhuizen, North-Holland.
    I dunno man, Heard a rumor going around that Nintendo is even banning systems that have played/connected with hacked systems via their logs. I can't confirm this, It's just a rumor.

6. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Fake, my unhacked switch and my friends switch aren't banned
    That rumor is stupid, why would Nintendo ban innocent people just because they are friends of someone who likes to pirate/mod their switch
    and about your second switch, they have no way to know if you are the owner of that other system too, and in any case you gave them more money by buying it