235 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

258 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

120 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

50 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. KaoTigris

KaoTigris Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Fair enough. I'm just suspect about having the title installed. In theory with those measures taken then you should be fine.

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    atmn i dont think anyone knows if thsi affects streetpassing (i hope not otherwise how i get my carcass outta trouble when i Die in PMD:GTI is over :/ )

3. Funkymon

Funkymon Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I love people with fantasy lawsuits. Even if you were right, which you're not, it wouldn't do anything for the people who CFW'd their systems.

digipimp75 likes this.
  4. Veranek

Veranek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You don't need to enable internet to disable eShop recommendations, and all the games currently using spotpass are listed in the spotpass settings.

5. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

United States
    I would definitely disable SpotPass in Mii Plaza. Only difference between my banned and not banned console is having some out of region title on Friend list as favorite and SpotPass on in Mii Plaza.

nitroBW and Veranek like this.
  6. FortuneHatter

FortuneHatter Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hopefully that's right. That would be one less thing to check up on.
    Honestly, I would believe that a 100% if it weren't for the fact that some cfw users that fucked their whole 3ds through are still not banned.

So there's still not a good clear view at what the conditions of banning are. And there actually might be some clean 3ds that are banned still because of this.

nitroBW likes this.
  7. Veranek

Veranek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That is very interesting.

KaoTigris likes this.
  8. KaoTigris

KaoTigris Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Do they have a note on how many clean systems were banned so far?
    I'm still running my launch o3ds clean and it's ok, I'm curious to hear how many innocent consoles got beat with a hammer.

9. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes but I'm not aware of any actual inmocent people who were banned. "Yea my ex's new husband's daughter's friend's mom's grandparent's sister's 3DS was banned despite being innocent" isn't gonna hold up in court.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

ZeroHunta likes this.
  10. ArturDat3DS

ArturDat3DS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Nope. That's not correct. YOU are using THEIR servers. They can do with them what they want because it belongs to them. You accepted the rules, but it doesn't mean that they can't do what they want with you on that server.

Another example: A shop manager could ban you from the shop, even if you didn't do anything. It's his property and he can randomly ban people without any consequences.

11. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

United States
    Some people may not know for months. Depending on how often I play and what games I play, I can go several months without ever touching any online play stuff.

12. vicdrian

vicdrian Member
    Newcomer

Some people from LatAm are saying that their ban lasted for 24 hours... but they are randomly getting unbanned... Some of them use CFW.

QuantumHax likes this.
  13. Travis2169uk

Travis2169uk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I don't know what to do at this point i think i have all the information i need at the moment i think i just have to see whats going on tomorrow...

14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    There is a phrase concerning excel and it runs something like "if what you are doing fills more than the screen you are working on you should be using a proper database". This is a proper database job.

Every nominally closed system does server side banning, usually after some kind of local check in either the firmware/kernel or in piece of software run upon it. I know Nintendo's network security people are, to put it charitably, a bit behind the times and usually reactionary but that is too far gone for me to believe that they are still doing local mod checks.

Some companies/systems do have continuous processes, others wait for waves for various reasons. The most basic being they found a good tell for those running modified systems and have confirmed it works (false positives and the odd brick are OK, and even expected, for hackers, negative PR from that when you do it to all your customers is a harder matter). Why would Nintendo care if people know they are behind it, I checked and they have not yet released a press statement about this but a month or so ago ( https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-wins-groundbreaking-mod-chip-court-case/1100-6448529/ ) they made a nice one after a court case? They look good to their investors, to the people making games, to the average pleb on the street (if they even care) and even most hackers and modders are well aware that hacking can trouble online play and treat it as part of the game. Another being you can prep your support staff so they can expect things. You might also want to wait for a good time to do it -- new model coming out, big game with online features you want people to buy, big game coming out with online features you want to frustrate the efforts of cheaters in or some other thing that sees you want a sales bump.

15. Travis2169uk

Travis2169uk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

well we could luckily get unbanned by Nintendo but that's if your lucky

16. zKin

zKin GBAtemp Regular

France
    I'm sorry but can you go more in detail ? I feel stupid but better ask than risk !
    - I can find the list of games allowed to use streetpass features but not the spotpass thing. In Internet Settings, under spotpass, I only have two options, "automatic app downloading" and "send system infos" (translated from my french console) Both are no, but no list of games using spotpass ?!
    - eShop recommendations settings are in the eshop app ?! If yes, it's not possible to get in without being connected to internet, it tells you "no connection" and just ask you to go on the homemenu and to come back with a working Internet...
    Thank you !

17. RoyaleBear

RoyaleBear Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have not been banned yet. At this point, should I avoid going online and using JKSM and NTR-based tools? Or would doing those not really help prevent a future ban?

18. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

United States
    Maybe they're using a dev app to change settings.

19. ArturDat3DS

ArturDat3DS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Any proof?
    Guys we can't accept random theories here

Alex1234 and nitroBW like this.
  20. KaoTigris

KaoTigris Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea sounds pretty fake.

Alex1234 likes this.