Status
Not open for further replies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, he's not lying to us. He had another thread where he talked about it too.
He bought a Vita, had it in his pocket and it broke after 11 months. He want free repair, but the repair for a broken screen is $130. So he goes to Walmart / Kmart and buys a new one, swap the serial number sticker, places his old broken console into the new box with the receipt, goes back and say "hey this 2 day old console is broken" even though it's his old console.

So he could not only scam his way out of a repair fee but also get a free console out of it?

That is so incredibly shitty.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Haha, exactly, thank you!
I'll never be posting here with this account again (probably?)
I hope you never post on this site again, because you are a dick.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Wow. I would have just manned up and sent it in for the $130 repair, at least I'd have all of my content once again. Not only do they take your name when doing a return, but when they compare the serial number on the outside of the system to that on the inside (Yeah, they're in there too!), they'll know the serials were swapped.

You're so screwed.

Reactions: The Catboy

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So he could not only scam his way out of a repair fee but also get a free console out of it?

That is so incredibly shitty.

Well, no... He scammed his way out of a repair fee, and got a fresh new console out of it to replace his old.

But shitty it is. (and he compares it to us being pirates... geez)

Reactions: porkiewpyne

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, no... He scammed his way out of a repair fee, and got a fresh new console out of it to replace his old.

But shitty it is. (and he compares it to us being pirates... geez)
But remember: Just like Nintendo's systems, you can't just pull a memory card out of one system, shove it in another, and expect it to work. He'll have to do a transfer, or else he'll have to buy everything again.

And that opens up a whole new topic of discussion.

D

Deleted_171835

Eh, I don't really see much wrong with what OP did. His Vita broke while it was still within the 1 year warranty and Sony refused to replace it. So he took matters in his own hands and scammed Walmart.

I don't feel bad for some corporate bigwig losing a couple hundred bucks. Especially Walmart out of all companies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I don't really see much wrong with what OP did. His Vita broke while it was still within the 1 year warranty and Sony refused to replace it. So he took matters in his own hands and scammed Walmart.

I don't feel bad for some corporate bigwig losing a couple hundred bucks. Especially Walmart out of all companies.

The 1-year warranty covers defective systems, not accidents. His screen didn't just seize up one day and break, he broke it.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But remember: Just like Nintendo's systems, you can't just pull a memory card out of one system, shove it in another, and expect it to work. He'll have to do a transfer, or else he'll have to buy everything again.

And that opens up a whole new topic of discussion.

>Turn on Vita.
>Input account details
>Redownload content

He didn't lose any content, definitely not like Nintendo systems. It doesn't have a transfer program like the 3DS, all account based.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't read the previous thread so I don't know HOW the screen broke, but it may not be explicitly his fault (stupidly putting an expensive system in his pocket aside).
My sister had the screen on her phone crack recently of NO fault of her own. She walked from the parking lot of a store, phone was fine, she entered the store, about 2 minutes into walking around the store, she gets a text, checks her phone, screen has a crack clear down the middle of it. We're thinking it had something to do with going from cold to warm, but we're really not 100% sure on what the hell happened. The crack was definitely not something she could inflict herself, that phone could take a hell of a lot of abuse without even denting or scratching.
So it's not exactly 100% obviously his fault, unless i'm missing something by being too lazy to check the previous thread.

and frankly while I don't see anything right with what he did, I agree with Soulx for once. It may not be an Apple product, where a practice such as this is perfectly fine and very encourageable, because fuck Apple. $130 is likely a hell of a lot more money to him, than it is to Sony, and Kmart doesn't take a loss for it being 'defective'.

Though OP is a bit of a retard for just saying it wont turn on. I mean, hey Derpenstein they generally take down your info and record WHAT IS WRONG. So if it's inspected and they go "the fuck is this crack, this should just not turn on" they're going to bust your kneecaps in with a spiked baseball bat.
But if kmart is anything like walmart in regards to returns, everyone is underpaid and no one fucking cares at all.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No no, he's not lying to us. He had another thread where he talked about it too.
He bought a Vita, had it in his pocket and it broke after 11 months. He want free repair, but the repair for a broken screen is $130. So he goes to Walmart / Kmart and buys a new one, swap the serial number sticker, places his old broken console into the new box with the receipt, goes back and say "hey this 2 day old console is broken" even though it's his old console.
I know, I can read. That means that he HAS lied:
Luckily Kmart had them in stock.
Bought one with cash.
Came back 2 days later because "I took it home plugged it in, the screen flashed and it wouldn't turn on".
Unless he used inverted commas to underline that his story is bullshit, in which case he should've provided a link to the previous problem.

Still, this is the worst way he could've handled that. It's just wrong - the system is broken because of HIM.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know, I can read. That means that he HAS lied:
Alright, just didn't seem like you'd read his other topic. that's why I explained. sorry.

Unless he used inverted commas to underline that his story is bullshit, in which case he should've provided a link to the previous problem.

Still, this is the worst way he could've handled that. It's just wrong - the system is broken because of HIM.

He used the quotation marks to indicate his lies. referencing his "ingenious idea".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1