Hacking Update emunand N3DS

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

After 3 months of being boxed, my N3DS is finally ready to be used :) Yesterday I received OOT that I orderd from AUS and did the save transfer and got gateway working on N3DS.

So, first thing what I did was make a backup of my NAND and now I want to run the highest firmware that is supported by gateway emunand N3DS (I believe it is 9.4 ?). I am currently on 9.0 :)

What is the best way to do this ?

Thank you all in advance and sorry for my crappy English.

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you're a bit late. Latest firmware was 9.5 and just this Monday 9.6 came out. Unfortunately, your OOT came a bit too slow and as of now emuNAND does not work on the N3DS for 9.6.

However, don't despair, as having an updated emuNAND is more or less unnecessary unless you want to update your roms/carts easier.

Reactions: lolboy

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

After 3 months of being boxed, my N3DS is finally ready to be used :) Yesterday I received OOT that I orderd from AUS and did the save transfer and got gateway working on N3DS.

So, first thing what I did was make a backup of my NAND and now I want to run the highest firmware that is supported by gateway emunand N3DS (I believe it is 9.4 ?). I am currently on 9.0 :)

What is the best way to do this ?

Thank you all in advance and sorry for my crappy English.

If your N3DS is AUS, use the Cooking Mama (EU) rom to update your emunand to 9.2.

If your N3DS is US or JP, use Code Name Steam or Majora's Mask to update your emunand to 9.4.

Be absolutely certain that you have formatted emunand before updating from a rom. If you haven't, you will brick your 3DS.

To update from a rom: Hold DPAD UP while entering Gateway mode.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats with the pokemon avatars themes

If your N3DS is AUS, use the Cooking Mama (EU) rom to update your emunand to 9.2.

If your N3DS is US or JP, use Code Name Steam or Majora's Mask to update your emunand to 9.4.

Be absolutely certain that you have formatted emunand before updating from a rom. If you haven't, you will brick your 3DS.

make sure you have made emunand first though, you don't want to accidently update sysnand if you are updating via classic mode

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a little misinformed latest update is on 9.6 wich dosnt seem to work on emunand yet
did you format your sd card for emunand yet?

Yes I did format sd card for emunand :)
By 9.4 I ment gateway emunand support not the latest nintendo firmware :) Last time I Checked gateway supported 9.4 for N3DS...right?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India

Thanx for the info.

lolboy, if your N3DS is on sysnand 9.0 or 9.2, just create the same emunand. Updating your emunand from either 9.0 or 9.2 using the above method JUST ISN'T WORTH THE RISK as you wouldn't gain anything from being on 9.2 or 9.4 emunand.

If it was the latest 9.6 emunand, then yeah you would gain online connectivity, game updates, etc.

Yes I did format sd card for emunand :)
By 9.4 I ment gateway emunand support not the latest nintendo firmware :) Last time I Checked gateway supported 9.4 for N3DS...right?

Again, why do you even wanna be on 9.4 emunand when 9.0 or 9.2 emunand works just fine?

Reactions: lolboy and Dragaan

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

First time hearing this :) So to be sure:

- Format sd for emunand (which I already have)
- Cooking mama rom on gateway
- Enter gateway mode holding DPAD UP
- Start the game and update ?

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanx for the info.

lolboy, if your N3DS is on sysnand 9.0 or 9.2, just create the same emunand. Updating your emunand from either 9.0 or 9.2 using the above method JUST ISN'T WORTH THE RISK as you wouldn't gain anything from being on 9.2 or 9.4 emunand.

If it was the latest 9.6 emunand, then yeah you would gain online connectivity, game updates, etc.

Again, why do you even wanna be on 9.4 emunand when 9.0 or 9.2 emunand works just fine?

You have a good point. Maybe not worth the risk.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a good point. Maybe not worth the risk.
I don't think you need to start the game and update, GW pulls the update off the ROM and installs it. At THIS time there is really no reason to do this. So any risk is not worth it,

There are also a couple of tools that can download the updates from nintendo servers. Updatecdn or something like that. There is a thread about it, I think cearp is involved.

Just hang tight and enjoy your new games. :)

angela18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait gateway (what wait for gateway?) release a new beta that supports 9.6. Let´s just hope Nintendo didn´t implemented that encrypt keys in the right way again.

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wait gateway (what wait for gateway?) release a new beta that supports 9.6. Let´s just hope Nintendo didn´t implemented that encrypt keys in the right way again.

I already waited 3 months for gateway :( I will stick to 9.0 for awhile.

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And what about 3DSNUS? I am in the same situation as you, NEW3DSXL 9.0 With GW, damn I wanna train my freaking amiibos. THANK YOU NINTENDO:

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what about 3DSNUS? I am in the same situation as you, NEW3DSXL 9.0 With GW, damn I wanna train my freaking amiibos. THANK YOU NINTENDO:

Ummm, with a N3DS you can easily download the SSB 1.0.5 update CIA and install it... Not that hard to get Amiibo working from there.

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ummm, with a N3DS you can easily download the SSB 1.0.5 update CIA and install it... Not that hard to get Amiibo working from there.

Amiibo funcionality will not work in fw >9.3/9.4. You can't made it work because NFC is not implemented in the system, so you will have the GUI in SSB4 but will not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning