Gaming Update/ Bug Confirmed for Brawl

Prizesinferno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If any of you guys read Kotaku they have pretty good proof that brawl has an update and it has a problem.

They first mentioned it HERE

"Japanese game site ORE-N0-WEB 3rd floats the rumor that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is shipping with a showstopping bug. Before we dive in, a bit about that site: It's run by someone who claims to be a gaming insider (perhaps a game shop owner). The site mentions that Japanese retailers are getting notices that SSBB is shipping with a minor bug that displays an error message that the game cannot be booted. This bug is triggered by a SSBB software update. This bug doesn't actually affect the game, which can still be played normally if the bug is ignored. ORE-NO-WEB 3rd stated that such a bug might frighten many customers — even if they are given notice regarding it. This bug wasn't mentioned on the 2ch game store clerk's thread, so it could very well be bogus. Stay tuned!"

Then they apparently have a confirmation Here

"Earlier, we brought news of a minor Super Smash Bros. Brawl bug. The screen goes black and displays an error message that the game cannot be booted. However, the bug doesn't actually effect the game and can be ignored. Another retail-minded site Game no Urabanashi confirms this rumor, point out that the error message occurs when the game is first started up. Game no Urabanashi doesn't see the bug as a huge problem, but does point out that it could be an issue if not all customers are aware of it. The Nintendo flier that stores will apparently be giving out has popped up online. This looks like pretty good confirmation, but we're still going to call this a rumor until we're able to verify for ourselves when SSBB drops this Thursday in Japan. For a game that's been delayed repeatedly, this seems, well, pretty shitty. If this is true, why is Nintendo, known for its impeccable quality, willing to ship its biggest title with a bug? Then again, Paper Mario had a bug and the DS Lite had hinge cracks, so. One thing you can bet, Nintendo would've never shipped Wii Fit with a bug. No way in hell. "

Looks like we are gonna have to wait even after it gets dumped

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what it sounds like, this bug only happens when the game is first started?

I don't see how this necessarily says it's unplayable for people with modchips.

Omnigamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smashboards.com
XP
Country
United States
It might be just an inherent flaw with the current Wii Firmware. Some rumors claim that it's a dual-layer disc, and I'm pretty sure that the Wii does not support DL natively (with modchips is another thing). So maybe it loads for the first time, updates a small piece of the firmware, and then gives the error because the firmware needs a reset in order to properly read the rest of the disc? I might be reaching, but it makes sense to me.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It might be just an inherent flaw with the current Wii Firmware. Some rumors claim that it's a dual-layer disc, and I'm pretty sure that the Wii does not support DL natively (with modchips is another thing). So maybe it loads for the first time, updates a small piece of the firmware, and then gives the error because the firmware needs a reset in order to properly run? I might be reaching, but it makes sense to me.

I thought that some Wiis needed physical tweaking of a fuse on the laser of the DVD drive to properly read DL disks. That might just be for burnt disks, but still, makes me wonder...

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well with all the features etc crammed in it could well be a dual layers. Would this make it difficult to back up or anything?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
It might be just an inherent flaw with the current Wii Firmware. Some rumors claim that it's a dual-layer disc, and I'm pretty sure that the Wii does not support DL natively (with modchips is another thing). So maybe it loads for the first time, updates a small piece of the firmware, and then gives the error because the firmware needs a reset in order to properly read the rest of the disc? I might be reaching, but it makes sense to me.
If your theory is true, then we don't need that update because the modchip forces the wii to read dl dvds as well.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Bootme V1.0 you can bypass updates by having the game boot before it gets into the Wii's menu. This could bypass updates completely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.