Hacking Update Blocking Through Shared PC Connection (Windows ICS)?

jwelkin89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little info on my setup for my console:

My Wii U is connected via ethernet adapter running to the ethernet adapter on my PC. My PC receives internet via wireless adapter. I share that wireless signal to the PC's ethernet adapter using windows internet connection sharing, giving my Wii U internet. I originally used this setup whenever I was playing online games to get better latency. My console is too far to run cable to router and my PC's wireless adapter gets much better connection than the Wii U's. I am also unable to change block settings on my modem/router.

So, if I block all the update URLS on my PC's internet using something like Zonealarm, would that also block it from my Wii U?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little info on my setup for my console:

My Wii U is connected via ethernet adapter running to the ethernet adapter on my PC. My PC receives internet via wireless adapter. I share that wireless signal to the PC's ethernet adapter using windows internet connection sharing, giving my Wii U internet. I originally used this setup whenever I was playing online games to get better latency. My console is too far to run cable to router and my PC's wireless adapter gets much better connection than the Wii U's. I am also unable to change block settings on my modem/router.

So, if I block all the update URLS on my PC's internet using something like Zonealarm, would that also block it from my Wii U?

Yes. You can do it that way. When people give you instructions for your firewall in your case your firewall is your PC. Not your router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.