1. appeltje_eitje

OP appeltje_eitje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hello I have a question about games that ask for an update, my new3dxl is on the latest luma version and I have a lot of games on the 3ds, some ask for a update, but I wonder if it's okay to use the update or not, when freeshop was available I updated the games using freeshop, but now freeshop has stopped working I don't know if i can update the games without losing things like my son did because he opend the eshop.. He just opend the eshop and he lost all his extra games in mii park and the puzzles he collected and he lost his badge arcade pins and the extra colors and stuff on swabdoodle and i never found a way to get that back and i don't want to lose that too, so I don't go in the eshop and i don't know how a game update works, does that go trough the eshop or not ???

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Yea it's 100% ok carry on updating all games that ask for it

3. appeltje_eitje

Netherlands
    It's not for me, I first have to create a new NNID, and then exclusively use pirated DLC.
    Because my purchased DLC is tied to my account, and when I go into the eshop it will erase my pirated DLC and I don't want to lose it..

4. Shadow#1

United States
    Then don't open the eshop just update within home menu

5. appeltje_eitje

Netherlands
    I started professor Layton and it asks for a update click y for update, if i click y it goes to the eshop, so I turned of the internet connection..
    How can i update without going to the eshop ?

6. Shadow#1

United States
    I do it all the time

7. appeltje_eitje

Netherlands
    I think you don't have purchased dlc, the problem is I do, to get rid of that problem i need to delete my nnid and create a new one, i'm affraid that's the only option and i don't know if i will bump into other problems if i will do that, it works for now.. But if i delete the nnid will everything still work and wont i lose my save files???

8. Shadow#1

United States
    Simple no eshop opened[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. appeltje_eitje

Netherlands
    I click y and choose download now and get the message are you sure to continue and then it logs in and i saw the logo of the eshop and when it was logging in i turned the internet connection out..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm trying with my o3ds now..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

and i lost my dlc !!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  10. appeltje_eitje

Netherlands
    All my backgrounds are gone now and i tried a cia file for mii park and everyting is back there.. I loved my backgrounds, how do i get them back, i had Disney backrounds like winnie the pooh and lilo and stitch.. I have another theme now..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  11. appeltje_eitje

Netherlands
    I fixed it all !!! I made cia files from my own 3ds and transfered them to the other 3ds/2ds and now everything is working again.. took some time, but happy that it is all working again now.. and proud i worked it out..

alexander1970 likes this.
  12. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    Just because you don't load the eshop APP doesn't mean you don't connect to it! To download updates, even if you do it through the Home Menu, you STILL connect to the eshop with your NNID, just with far less wait time since you don't load the eshop app. Don't spread misinformation if you can. ANYTHING that involves Nintendo servers like updates through Home Menu, eshop, in-game DLCs that connect to Nintendo's server instead of publisher's server (mostly free-only DLC games are the ones that don't connect with NNID so games like Monster Hunter), PokeBank, SwapDoodle store, etc. connect to the eshop with NNID. If you connect with NNID, depending on what you have installed, the TICKETS for SOME DLC (it's title-specific) may get deleted.

OP, for future reference, either look for update CIAs or first backup your tickets (nice to have anyways), then update through Nintendo's servers and restore any tickets for stuff that you see missing. Those are the two ways you can go about it, but heads up, you can ONLY update same-region titles as your system with the normal update method, trying it with out-of-region games will freeze and fail at either 0% or 99%.

alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - update,