Homebrew Update 5.5.2 and Homebrew

Dassaker5221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who mod: The 5.5.2 update only patches the website hax (I.E. Loadiine, GoogieHax <- unsure about GoogieHax but it is my assumption it is patched). Haxchi and Mocha and all that stuff all still work just fine. Basically this update kills homebrew if you don’t have the channel so things you cant use things like Saviine and FTPiiU.

https://smashboards.com/threads/tutorial-installing-offline-smash-wii-u-mods.444527/

I use this.^ I recommend it to everyone. I'f you're using mods, do this just in case Nintendo is pulling the same shit they did with the 3DS and is banning and/or is patching all mod exploits:

Go to System Settings. Select Internet.
Select ‘Connect to the Internet’.
Select ‘Connection List’ in the top right corner, or simple press the X button.
Find your connection, it should have Wii U/Wii icons on it, select it.
Select ‘Change Settings’.
Press the arrow on the right once, you should see ‘DNS‘.
Once you select DNS, press ‘Do not auto-obtain’ which will take you to where you can enter 052.040.086.243 for the primary dns and 168.235.092.108 for the secondary dns

I'm looking into EVERYTHING I can involving this update and will keep updating this thread.

Last edited by Dassaker5221,
D

Deleted User

It only kills the most important entry point. That means, no homebrew for 5.5.2 users now

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only kills the most important entry point. That means, no homebrew for 5.5.2 users now
What about users who managed to stay on 5.5.1, with updates blocked, but did not buy an exploitable DS game from the eshop?

Is there a way to get a pre-downloaded 5.5.2 update off the system without allowing it to apply itself?

D

Deleted User

What about users who managed to stay on 5.5.1, with updates blocked, but did not buy an exploitable DS game from the eshop?

Is there a way to get a pre-downloaded 5.5.2 update off the system without allowing it to apply itself?
I don't know. NNUPatcher still should work. If it doesn't, it needs to be updated.
Nope, unless you want it to forcefully nag you without ability to press cancel.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NNUPatcher still should work. If it doesn't, it needs to be updated.
I'm reading that you can purchase one of the exploitable DS games via NNUPatcher, but you can't download it if you have updates blocked.

If you unblock DNS, you can get the game, but you run the risk of getting 5.5.2 as well...
Nope, unless you want it to forcefully nag you without ability to press cancel.
Can't you still bypass the auto-update by holding B to coldboot into Wii mode first, then exit to Wii U mode? That doesn't get rid of the downloaded update, but it at least lets you use the Wii U.

D

Deleted User

I'm reading that you can purchase one of the exploitable DS games via NNUPatcher, but you can't download it if you have updates blocked.

If you unblock DNS, you can get the game, but you run the risk of getting 5.5.2 as well...

Can't you still bypass the auto-update by holding B to coldboot into Wii mode first, then exit to Wii U mode? That doesn't get rid of the downloaded update, but it at least lets you use the Wii U.
The best bet would be either risking it or trying to download it with NNUPatcher on.
Yeah, you can skip that but then you'll probably need to wipe sysupdate using FTPiiU.

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like Im screwed, system updated, don't have homebrew channel install. Only thing I use hbc for is the region free thing to boot project zero. Anyway to run it now after loosing broswer hack to run hbc?

D

Deleted User

Looks like Im screwed, system updated, don't have homebrew channel install. Only thing I use hbc for is the region free thing to boot project zero. Anyway to run it now after loosing broswer hack to run hbc?
Currently? None. You're pretty much screwed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It is mothers day I need to give @BigOnYa's wife a call
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And your own @SylverReZ ?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I know who I need to call. :ninja:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ghostbusters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    "Hello, this the feds?"
    +1
    Go ahead. I think there's a phone at my mums grave :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lucky
    +1
    I think we buried mum still sitting on the Lode 🚽 :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You aren't British
    +1
    Aye mate
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because you drive on the wrong side of the road
    +1
    :rofl2: We built the cars first. Ask Mr Ford :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No the brits did they figured out horse power first
    Everyone else is just Knock-offs :tpi:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how much damage a horse would do to modern cars
    There ya go. always thinking Negative. :sad:
  • Wholesome @ Wholesome:
    hamburger
    Hot Dogs 🌭 🌭
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace :) With chili, cheese, onions, relish n mustard :D
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    who'd be angrier if we pinged them, juan or leo?
    +1
    Juan
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry
    +2
    [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back