Hacking UPDATE 4.0.0 RELEASED

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No. I think it's a shit system. Far and away the worst I've ever owned:

-90% of the titles are games that have superior versions, on better platforms, for less money.
-It has basically no value added features.
-It's more expensive (without even including all the extra shit you need to buy) than hardware that is vastly superior.
-Still no way to backup or copy your save data. Just migration.
-It's portability is touted but it has the shittiest WiFi known to man.
-Joy-cons are the most unergonomic controller I've ever used.
-Doesn't come with a regular controller. ($70 extra)
-Doesn't come with sufficient storage. The only way to increase storage is to buy MicroSD cards which are expensive relative to hard drives.
-Doesn't come with glass on the display. Gotta supply your own.
-Doesn't come with an ethernet port. Gotta supply your own.
-No integrated online service.
-Slooooooooow storage. (game cards and internal storage are even slower than MicroSD)
-Weak as balls. Only a small step up from the Wii U. It's much weaker than hardware that launched four years ago which itself was thought to be too weak for the time.
-For something that is supposed to work as a portable it's not very portable.

There are some good things though:
-Plays first and second party Nintendo games
-Portable enough to take to the toilet.

I had that pent up for a while. I was trying real hard not to shit on it because I know people like it. I just don't get it. It's so shit.

Sorry, you asked.

Just to clarify when most people buy a switch, they get it because despite all your ranting, the vast majority of the titles that are good are exclusives(which cans your rubbish theory of 90% of games on better platforms) and its hybrid.
If you wan't to convince me that PS4 and Obone are better, 99% of their games can be played at higher graphics/FPS on a good gaming PC. Find another platform that can play mario oddysey, upcoming yoshi games, smash brothers, zeldas, kirbys, donkey kongs.... at a better resolution then try and convince people the switch is shit. If you don't like the abundance of exlusive games then obviously your going to be a hater, but if you don't get why people are interested in what is going to be the most successful console probably in the next decade, the most powerful portable one currently and the first hybrid, with the largest amount of successful exclusives, its you that has a problem summing up reality.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Weak as balls" about the gaming device that has one of the highest power/volume ratio in the history of our technology. The Switch is nearly optimal in all terms. Modify it and you get a heater or a heavy brick that's nowhere near portable.

I wish the hardware fanboys would shut their festering gobs about "waah, it has to have more power" BS, it's getting old. Anything more powerful and yeah, you would get second degree burns and skin grafts for your hands :lol:

Hell froze over it seems.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do wonder what must go on in people's heads when they complain about the power of Switch.

I mean they must be looking at this tiny console, that without controllers attached is smaller than a 3DS, and all of that is screen and think: "Well Xbox and PlayStation are only massive fan cooled blocks because they just are, this tiny little thing is definitely going to be as powerfull as those!"

I'd also like those same people to point me in the direction of a portable console comparable in size that compares to PS4 or XboxOne because there must be one to be basing the Switch power comparison on.

Then I remember this is the internet and any old dick can use it, and suddenly I'm not so bothered at all.

Last edited by Risingdawn,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have two why aren't you updating the 3.0.1 Switch?...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think he may have watched the 30c3 conference and thought LOLhax actually existed instead of being a joke
of course not,am not in a rush baby,the only game that can make me update one of my babies is metroid 4, new zelda or new castlevania.am ready to rock and roll

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, do I update and enable my console to play the latest titles, online access

Or

Do I wait on 3.0.2 on a false hope of seeing 3.0.2 being exploited, and limiting myself to a handful of games?

Decisions, decisions.
Wellll, I can still open and download things from the eshop on 3.0.1 sooo its up to you xD I only need eshop access atm, So I'll just sit on 3.0.1 to make people angry LOL

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify when most people buy a switch, they get it because despite all your ranting, the vast majority of the titles that are good are exclusives(which cans your rubbish theory of 90% of games on better platforms) and its hybrid.
If you wan't to convince me that PS4 and Obone are better, 99% of their games can be played at higher graphics/FPS on a good gaming PC. Find another platform that can play mario oddysey, upcoming yoshi games, smash brothers, zeldas, kirbys, donkey kongs.... at a better resolution then try and convince people the switch is shit. If you don't like the abundance of exlusive games then obviously your going to be a hater, but if you don't get why people are interested in what is going to be the most successful console probably in the next decade, the most powerful portable one currently and the first hybrid, with the largest amount of successful exclusives, its you that has a problem summing up reality.
Idk anything about Xbox, but PS4 has some amazing exclusives. There is no way I'd miss out on either Nintendo or Sony exclusives. Honestly, though, I haven't been a fan of Nintendo's hardware starting with the N64.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all you criticising my post about Switch homebrew not being worth it, it's not worth it. Think about it this way, how much is there to homebrew?

Hater's gonna hate, they're treating those who are updating as if they were war criminals. Besides portability, there is literally nothing that the Switch will do in terms of homebrew, that hasn't been done on any other hacked console. I
would like anyone to point out what advantage it would have, except for portability. Guess what's also portable and can run emulators/ROMs? An nVidia Shield tablet.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You what?

I think he may have watched the 30c3 conference and thought LOLhax actually existed instead of being a joke

I know LOLHax wasn't real. As a Professional Idiot, I didn't read the whole process.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9159/p/431/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTA4NDM1NzQ0L3NpZC9mVURzUElWVnJPM2llajZvUkdMTTEzVllsM1NQM2wzU0xyWDE3bFpyT2Z4bmJ1akVIUHlGNnNkNldDcHhwWnFEZEpkZVdFYmRhOXQzSEI2bDB3Um1YUXZwNHFtRHFIclU5WFRnMGt5TGduMUx4Yl9lUXpLMHZGTGclMjElMjE=

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hater's gonna hate, they're treating those who are updating as if they were war criminals. Besides portability, there is literally nothing that the Switch will do in terms of homebrew, that hasn't been done on any other hacked console. I
would like anyone to point out what advantage it would have, except for portability. Guess what's also portable and can run emulators/ROMs? An nVidia Shield tablet.
I mean, the Wii U sucked, and there was alot of potential for homebrew, like Swap DRC and others. But the Switch......no. I mean, everything is just perfect from a software perspective.

Last edited by aykay55,

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, the Wii U sucked, and there was alot of potential for homebrew, like Swap DRC and others. But the Switch......no. I mean, everything is just perfect from the perspective of software.
A media player homebrew for the Switch is an homebrew that worth it, since the console is portable ect...

You also have savegame backup, thing you can't achieve with the actual version of the Switch.

And don't forget the top reason, free gamz (not the thing I care about but this is the main reason of why people are waiting homebrew, because who care about a pong ?)

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A media player homebrew for the Switch is an homebrew that worth it, since the console is portable ect...

You also have savegame backup, thing you can't achieve with the actual version of the Switch.

And don't forget the top reason, free gamz (not the thing I care about but this is the main reason of why people are waiting homebrew, because who care about a pong ?)
Is that really worth skipping Mario Oddysey?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up