Hacking Update 2.3.0 Whats New?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If everything goes according to plan, never. Isn't that what they promised?
But don't worry, it is quite possible that a crunchyroll app would appear.
Unfortunately, it would be impossible to install some extension to make it think I am in the USA (and I have no VPN on my router).
So I suppose I will be limited to the German catalogue, that is :shit:

ohw verfluchte schei*e eyh !
nja, i'd prefer browser over crunchyroll ;-;

Do you really need to ask why nintendo have not included a browser?? Just take a look at the past history of Nintendo the 3ds was hacked using the browser the wiiu was hacked due to the browser. Nintendo are not going to include a browser on the switch until they know it's 100% secure.
understandable, but still ;-;'

dinoson631

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you who don't support piracy at this point are probably supporting $hitty nintendo business practices... Next generation pro controller will probably be 79.99 and nobody will bat an eye and automatically assume it's worth that ridiculous price, hey sony and microsoft might even jump into this and raise the base prices of their controllers. Thanks nintendo for being more like crappy apple, apple has this program called "planned obsolescence" and it is very real.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you who don't support piracy at this point are probably supporting $hitty nintendo business practices... Next generation pro controller will probably be 79.99 and nobody will bat an eye and automatically assume it's worth that ridiculous price, hey sony and microsoft might even jump into this and raise the base prices of their controllers. Thanks nintendo for being more like crappy apple, apple has this program called "planned obsolescence" and it is very real.
While the 70 bucks price for the pro is a bit much, you have to understand it has a ton of crap in them. HD rumble, NFC, Gyro, ect. Its only 10 bucks more then the suggested price for xbox ones and ps4 controllers too..

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While the 70 bucks price for the pro is a bit much, you have to understand it has a ton of crap in them. HD rumble, NFC, Gyro, ect. Its only 10 bucks more then the suggested price for xbox ones and ps4 controllers too..
And yet the Xbox One controllers have a decent dpad and analog triggers.

PS: Though I love the superior quality and precision of the Pro controller analog sticks.

NintendU_the_great

OFFICIAL GBATEMP TROLLER
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
And yet the Xbox One controllers have a decent dpad and analog triggers.

PS: Though I love the superior quality and precision of the Pro controller analog sticks.
you guys are arguing over such petty things while I myself don't even have a Nintendo Switch
:cry:

although I hacked the shit outta my Wii U and have ~50000000 free games, I am settled with this :wink:

dinoson631

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the xbox one and ps4 also have unique features like the switch controller, doesn't mean they are out there charging 69.99 like nintendo.. I have bought bomberman,BOTW,lego city and so far i feel like the only game worth those 50-60$ was BOTW...... I get paranoid even using my joycons because they seem so fragile and replacement joycons are 79.99 lol nintendo...... That pretty much forced me to buy a pro controller if i even wanted to use my system to my liking. Not to mention with actual frame tests, i actually average 26fps 720p on BOTW in 2017 which fkn blows my mind, in a bad way of course..... Stay fresh nintendo/

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Well, well, don't be so pessimistic.
It could as well mean e.g. "we read about this user that had crashes while in sleep mode and we fixed it".
There are LEGIT stability problems to fix.
Of course there are, but knowing Nintendo's history, most people would doubt it. As would I. I bet it was a few exploits they found, and maybe not crash fixes, maybe they actually fixed crashes, but look at the 3DS. They never actually fixed much. It's just stability after stability update.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the xbox one and ps4 also have unique features like the switch controller, doesn't mean they are out there charging 69.99 like nintendo.. I have bought bomberman,BOTW,lego city and so far i feel like the only game worth those 50-60$ was BOTW...... I get paranoid even using my joycons because they seem so fragile and replacement joycons are 79.99 lol nintendo...... That pretty much forced me to buy a pro controller if i even wanted to use my system to my liking. Not to mention with actual frame tests, i actually average 26fps 720p on BOTW in 2017 which fkn blows my mind, in a bad way of course..... Stay fresh nintendo/

Nintendo forced you to buy a pro controller, lmao.

If the system is so horrible and fragile, why not get rid of it? Then you don't have to complain on an internet forum.

Reactions: omegasoul6

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo forced you to buy a pro controller, lmao.

If the system is so horrible and fragile, why not get rid of it? Then you don't have to complain on an internet forum.
The system is perfectly robust, he is just a stingy paranoid.
That said, those analog sticks on the Pro Controller justify the buy, they are way too good.

ollidiemaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay that escalated pretty quickly lol
So afaik there is no exploit found right now but are the developers working on this also updating to the latest Version or are they stayin on an older Version.
How do you guys handle these Updates.

Reactions: Reecey

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention with actual frame tests, i actually average 26fps 720p on BOTW in 2017 which fkn blows my mind, in a bad way of course..... Stay fresh nintendo/
A game written for with the Wii U in mind (for almost 5 years) until the switch port started will have bad framerate. Had the game be made with the Switch in mind, it likely would have been 1080p 60fps. But it wasn't. Its a wii u game ported to the switch. You'll see the true power of the console when a game that is made for the console gets released.
the xbox one and ps4 also have unique features like the switch controller, doesn't mean they are out there charging 69.99 like nintendo..
It only 10 bucks more :/ I would understand if they were charging 50 bucks more but 10 fucking bucks? big deal
I have bought bomberman,BOTW,lego city and so far i feel like the only game worth those 50-60$ was BOTW.....
If you feel the games you bought are not worthwhile, then get rid of them

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If everything goes according to plan, never. Isn't that what they promised?
But don't worry, it is quite possible that a crunchyroll app would appear.
Unfortunately, it would be impossible to install some extension to make it think I am in the USA (and I have no VPN on my router).
So I suppose I will be limited to the German catalogue, that is :shit:
I watched Monster on kissanime via the fiddler method

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay that escalated pretty quickly lol
So afaik there is no exploit found right now but are the developers working on this also updating to the latest Version or are they stayin on an older Version.
How do you guys handle these Updates.
I'm not sure tbh why the update roll out has to be threaded in the hacking & homebrew section and not the game & content section where it should rightfully be? its just as if everyone wants to make sure they know of the update in case there console is vulnerable to a hack that's never going to materialize.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I will agree with that, its quite pointless cause I updated my Switch to v2.3.0 and I'm not feeling the "stability" they tell you about, are you?
Every time there's a new Switch update I get my hopes up that Nintendo adds a new feature and then.. disappointment. :(

You know about that grid view menu on the Switch? It would be so cool to have that as an option to display games than wait to fill all 12-13 boxes.

A Netflix app, YouTube, Media Player (MKV/MP4, FLAC/MP3, etc) and so on would make the Switch a lot more welcoming for new customers and current ones too.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch will get a browser. Not including a browser but including the browser applet in the switch is completely contradictory to the main claim as to why the switch has no browser. The applet is very exploitable, and extremely easy to get to. It just requires a pc willing to host. It also lowers the sales of the switch due to it's lack of functionality for being a home video station, like a google chromecast. It's probably in the works to create an ultimate browsing experience, or to iron out as many bugs as humanly possible, but not including a browser to prevent hacking but including an easy to access web applet is hypocritical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.