Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you use Doodlebomb as a Primary entry point? I'm still on 11.2 but im wanting to upgrade to 11.4 so i can access my Pokebank. However i can't get into the eshop to update anything or even download my digital copy of OoT3d. Any advice before i update?
You can use soundhax, then install CFW

jamespoo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You need have installed arm9 to upgrade to boot9strap
but what i want to do is just installed the homebrew channel not cfw on my unmodded new 2ds xl i was told i could do it if i had a modded ds on 11.2 and i do have one so i tried those methods and none work now they have all been patched

so what are my options on getting homebrew on 11.4?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
but what i want to do is just installed the homebrew channel not cfw on my unmodded new 2ds xl i was told i could do it if i had a modded ds on 11.2 and i do have one so i tried those methods and none work now they have all been patched

so what are my options on getting homebrew on 11.4?
If you're on N3DS then look on https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives)
If you're on old 3DS then that's impossible, there's no payloads for old 3DS on stock firmware.
Either way, you can't install anything without CFW, only launch the homebrew launcher through an exploit.

Reactions: hurrz and jamespoo

jamespoo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Juicy_Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i just got my used 3ds XL and im on 11.4 its been factory reset is there still a way for me to use homebrew? or i have to use the old fashion way flashcart

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just got my used 3ds XL and im on 11.4 its been factory reset is there still a way for me to use homebrew? or i have to use the old fashion way flashcart
11.3 was the last firmware where you could use a free entrypoint. which was soundhax to launch homebrew. There was a few ways on 11.5 for homebrew but said hax were also quickly patched. If you want homebrew access only there are a few games you could look at getting. or CFW itself requires a flashcart for your firmware.

Juicy_Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
11.3 was the last firmware where you could use a free entrypoint. which was soundhax to launch homebrew. There was a few ways on 11.5 for homebrew but said hax were also quickly patched. If you want homebrew access only there are a few games you could look at getting. or CFW itself requires a flashcart for your firmware.
ah ok thats 2 bad should i go reformat the sd card then thats been there i believe the other guy already CFW it but its no longer there since its been reset it back to factory settings

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ah ok thats 2 bad should i go reformat the sd card then thats been there i believe the other guy already CFW it but its no longer there since its been reset it back to factory settings
If you have CFW doing a system format won't remove it. What happens if you hold Select on boot?Hold it from before pressing power.

Juicy_Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You mean 7.1?
You should update B9S: https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
yes 7.1 i thought we need a R4 for it? i didnt really do this soo bit scared to touch anything. the sd card contains ironhax and sound hax i believe also homebrew but its not showing should i delete those. i should probably post a screenshot to give more ideas on the contents of the sd card

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yes 7.1 i thought we need a R4 for it? i didnt really do this soo bit scared to touch anything. the sd card contains ironhax and sound hax i believe also homebrew but its not showing should i delete those. i should probably post a screenshot to give more ideas on the contents of the sd card
You only need a DS flashcart to install B9S from stock on 11.4 and higher. Once you have it you only need the flashcart if you want to play DS games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You already have B9S so updating it is easy following those instructions.
Once updated, you need to set the Rosalina HB title to Download Play (not sure how to do this part but the instructions are in the main part of 3ds.guide somewhere) and put HBL 2.x (https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases) on your SD along with FBI and FreeShop (.3dsx versions) on your SD. Then you can use the Download Play-launched HBL to install anything you want.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Juicy_Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You already have B9S so updating it is easy following those instructions.
Once updated, you need to set the Rosalina HB title to Download Play (not sure how to do this part but the instructions are in the main part of 3ds.guide somewhere) and put HBL 2.x (https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases) on your SD along with FBI and FreeShop (.3dsx versions) on your SD. Then you can use the Download Play-launched HBL to install anything you want.
actually stuck at step 4 i dont see /luma/payloads/ folder on the sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.