Homebrew Update 11.2 and homebrew

Onyxflamegod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a new N3ds and was working on installing OoThax for it.
I've tried a lot of things and on launching OoThax I just get a generic error message and the hax screen doesn't even pop, then my system reboots. I'm not sure if the problem is my OoT installer homebrew or what but I've tried a couple things. Could someone post the payload.bin and save00.bin (other save slots will work fine too, I don't really care) so that I can save inject it? I need whatever works on 11.2.0-35U for New 3ds. I'm aware it's one of the older payloads that works for it,but my installer is being crap, and the only help I've been able to find tells me to keep using powersaves. Which I can't/won't do. I've got a 3ds that can still run homebrews set aside to save inject it in,, I'm just having issues with the payloads.

PikaStitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Old 3ds with CFW running, if a buy a New 3ds and it has the latest 11.2 firmware, how can I downgrade to 9.2?

FelipeJardim

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do I update or downgrade my Luma3ds without a Star Updater ? I just update to 11.2 but forgot to update the star updater early . It's possible to do manually changing the files on my SD ? Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian :/

Hector_of_Troy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do I update or downgrade my Luma3ds without a Star Updater ? I just update to 11.2 but forgot to update the star updater early . It's possible to do manually changing the files on my SD ? Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian :/
Yeah you only have to replace your arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of the sd. Did you keep your a9lh on 11.2? I advise you to keep luma updated at all times in the future

InSomeAttic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got a new N3ds and was working on installing OoThax for it.
I've tried a lot of things and on launching OoThax I just get a generic error message and the hax screen doesn't even pop, then my system reboots. I'm not sure if the problem is my OoT installer homebrew or what but I've tried a couple things. Could someone post the payload.bin and save00.bin (other save slots will work fine too, I don't really care) so that I can save inject it? I need whatever works on 11.2.0-35U for New 3ds. I'm aware it's one of the older payloads that works for it,but my installer is being crap, and the only help I've been able to find tells me to keep using powersaves. Which I can't/won't do. I've got a 3ds that can still run homebrews set aside to save inject it in,, I'm just having issues with the payloads.
I'm having this exact problem. I have an OLD 3ds XL that can launch homebrew. I'm trying to launch homebrew on my other OLD 3ds XL - firmware 11.2.0-35U - using OoThax. I use OoT spoilinstaller to load the proper payload for 11.2.0-35U on the OoT cartridge. I pop OoT cartridge into the other OLD 3ds XL that I want to launch homebrew on, but rather than being greeted with homebrew, OoT freezes, generic error message pops up and the 3ds resets. If anyone could enlighten me on what I can do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having this exact problem. I have an OLD 3ds XL that can launch homebrew. I'm trying to launch homebrew on my other OLD 3ds XL - firmware 11.2.0-35U - using OoThax. I use OoT spoilinstaller to load the proper payload for 11.2.0-35U on the OoT cartridge. I pop OoT cartridge into the other OLD 3ds XL that I want to launch homebrew on, but rather than being greeted with homebrew, OoT freezes, generic error message pops up and the 3ds resets. If anyone could enlighten me on what I can do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.
I may be wrong on this, but I believe it should work if you install the 11.1.0-34U payload.

InSomeAttic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may be wrong on this, but I believe it should work if you install the 11.1.0-34U payload.
I've tried both, each time ending with the same result. I'm honestly at my wits' end. What's more, is that I've tried seeing if I could launch homebrew on my 9.4 OLD 3ds XL, just to see if I was installing OoThax correctly, and it launched just fine on that.

UPDATE
Alright. So, I figured out the problem for my situation. It turns out that my homebrew version was outdated. I was using 1.1.0, but should have been using 1.1.1. For anyone with a similar problem to mine, I suggest trying to update homebrew.

Last edited by InSomeAttic,

FelipeJardim

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah you only have to replace your arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of the sd. Did you keep your a9lh on 11.2? I advise you to keep luma updated at all times in the future

in my root of SD doesn't have the A9LH. My root SD have this folders : ( 3ds, freeshop, luma , menuhax , Nintendo 3ds) and have the files : ( aeskeydb.bin, boot.3dsx, BCFW.3dsx, boot.cfg, boot_config.ini, luma3ds.dat )

What i could do ?

Thanks for the help,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Could anyone with OoT3DHax working for NEW 3DS 11.2.0-35U dump the save with svdt and post it? I can't get it to work no matter what. I tried the online installer that comes with the starter pack, it installs it, but then the game just freezes upon execution, sometimes i get "An error has occured", sometimes I have to force reboot. Then I used the offline oothax installer to get the save file, and downloaded the 11.1.0-34U otherapp (N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin), pushed them onto the cart using SVDT, but the result is EXACTLY the same.

So I think the best solution would be to just restore a known-working save from someone, as I don't have powersaves.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could anyone with OoT3DHax working for NEW 3DS 11.2.0-35U dump the save with svdt and post it? I can't get it to work no matter what. I tried the online installer that comes with the starter pack, it installs it, but then the game just freezes upon execution, sometimes i get "An error has occured", sometimes I have to force reboot. Then I used the offline oothax installer to get the save file, and downloaded the 11.1.0-34U otherapp (N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin), pushed them onto the cart using SVDT, but the result is EXACTLY the same.

So I think the best solution would be to just restore a known-working save from someone, as I don't have powersaves.

I used JKSM to extract it, so I don't know if the folder structure differs, but it shouldn't be too tough to figure it out. I tested this on a CIA, but it should work with the cart too.

Attachments

• hax.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 279

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I used JKSM to extract it, so I don't know if the folder structure differs, but it shouldn't be too tough to figure it out. I tested this on a CIA, but it should work with the cart too.
Thank you for help, however it didn't solve the problem. The game still just simply freezes/crashes and I have to reboot my 3DS. I checked and the boot.3dsx on the root of SD card is the 1.1.1 version.
However, while OoThax doesn't want to work, suddenly steelhax worked (even though it refused to do so for the past several tries, simply crashing)

Edit: And now Steelhax refuses to work again. I'm confused.

Last edited by PewnyPL,

niglet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that OOThax works! (Using the 11.1 payload)

I'm using a 2DS; it updated to 11.2.0-35U.
I updated my DS, then immediately went into OOT to launch the hack. There were no problems; it instantly lead me to Homebrew like it did on 11.1 :) Yay!
I didn't for me unfortunately, I was left on the yellow screen, what do I do? I was using POST_U_26624_9221.

****EDIT

So I guess trying it again to see if doesn't work helps, I got into homebrew!

Last edited by niglet,

Onyxflamegod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So, I figured out the problem for my situation. It turns out that my homebrew version was outdated. I was using 1.1.0, but should have been using 1.1.1. For anyone with a similar problem to mine, I suggest trying to update homebrew.

I'm not sure if this is my problem on my new console, but don't suppose you can link or attach 1.1.1 to me? I'm using whatever is in Smea's starter pack and it's an old file. It's the newest I could find.

Usl5264

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I have an old 3ds with cfw and one without. The one without has 11.2.0.35E. I have stickerhax working, How can I downgrade without getting am:u handle error?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Verdetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How much shall we wait for a n3ds 11.2 menuhax,browserhax or youtubehax? And they are even working on those?? Because really it seems like they wanna force us to buy cubic ninja or zelda.. And that's pretty annoying i want homebrew my n3ds and i wanna do that for free :/ and the only game i have is pokemon moon.. Maybe someone can help me? Anyone please i just want to put some generated pokemons on my ds to do competitive plays :/

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
How much shall we wait for a n3ds 11.2 menuhax,browserhax or youtubehax? And they are even working on those?? Because really it seems like they wanna force us to buy cubic ninja or zelda.. And that's pretty annoying i want homebrew my n3ds and i wanna do that for free :/ and the only game i have is pokemon moon.. Maybe someone can help me? Anyone please i just want to put some generated pokemons on my ds to do competitive plays :/

Youtubehax -> Patched forever
menuhax and browserhax: works till 11.0

So if you're above 11.0, buy a exploitable game or wait to see it yellows8 can make menuhax/browserhax for 11.1 or above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you