Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok but i really want to update to 11.0 and still keep homebrew active on it.
I don't really understand why; you don't gain anything from updating.

But if you really want to update, and you don't have VVVVVV or Citizens of Earth (they're no longer on the eShop), then all you can do is wait for an update to OoThax from Smea.

Edit: I always forget about SMChax; you can just buy Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon and install the hax prior to updating to 11.0, but that'd be a bit expensive.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait.. i thought arm9lh could go all the way up to 11.0. so which is it? it can or can't? and is homebrew accessable on 11.0 or not with it?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You can only use SmashHax (New 3DS Only because the game reboots the Original models), supermisterychunhax (Pokemon Super istery Dungeon), VVVVVV and Citizens of Earth (this last two currently are pulled off and can"t be downloaded from the eShop until both get fixed) at the moment in 11.0, smea is working in Cubic Ninja and Ocarina of Time 3D to work in the last version and he now have completed the first part, anywas you don"t get anything in 11.0 so it may be better to don"t update it you don"t use CFW since you can Spoof requiered update services below 11.0. You can use both EmuNand trough MenuHax and Arm9LoaderHax in 11.0 and Homebrew with that, but if you are using Normal 11.0 (No CFW) you need to use one of that exploits and to note SVChax is patched in 11.0 and downgrade also is patched.
smea talking about the first part of the fix:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/731905392570028032

Last edited by Clector,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wait.. i thought arm9lh could go all the way up to 11.0. so which is it? it can or can't? and is homebrew accessable on 11.0 or not with it?
A9LH is 'compatible' with 11.0, provided you set it up on 10.7 or lower, and then update to 11.0 after it's installed. If you're already on 11.0 then you can't set up A9LH without a hardmod.
A9LH works on up to 11.0, but it cannot be set up if you're 11.0 to begin with.
And of course homebrew is accessible on 11.0 with it.

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well like i said. i am STILL on 10.7U o3ds not 11.0.plus i am getting tired of the system saying "update is ready. perform update?"

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok well like i said. i am STILL on 10.7U o3ds not 11.0.plus i am getting tired of the system saying "update is ready. perform update?"
You can change your DNS settings to use the Tubehax DNS (107.211.140.065).

Edit: from a guide on getting rid of update nag
  1. Completely power off your system.
  2. Boot in recovery mode (press L+R+A+↑+Power, hold the first four about 1 second, more won't hurt the system but only your fingers... )
  3. It will ask you as usual to update. However, it will take a little longer for the screen to come up compared to the speed it would have had if you didn't already have an update.
  4. If you click no, it will power off and you'll go home free!

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well if you like you can setting CFW in 10.7, if you only want the system to stop wanting to update use the Recovery Mode button combination turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(D-Pad) and press Cancel when the Update screen appear and it deleted the updates, then use Tubehax DNS"s in your Internet connection to avoid the system downloading the update again.

Last edited by Clector,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really understand why; you don't gain anything from updating.

But if you really want to update, and you don't have VVVVVV or Citizens of Earth (they're no longer on the eShop), then all you can do is wait for an update to OoThax from Smea.

Edit: I always forget about SMChax; you can just buy Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon and install the hax prior to updating to 11.0, but that'd be a bit expensive.

i think it's because nintendo enabled the update check to use online play, when ever i try to play pokemon oras online today. it says i have to update, so i'll be using your links to go to cfw.

thanks bud for the guide

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think it's because nintendo enabled the update check to use online play, when ever i try to play pokemon oras online today. it says i have to update, so i'll be using your links to go to cfw.
thanks bud for the guide
No problem.
Weird, I haven't heard of this being a thing. You could just use httpwn; you don't need CFW if all you want is to go online.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo made a maintenace today for some games wich change the needed friends-module to the one of 11.0.
Since that you need to Spoof that to use Online Play in some games.

yup looks like that's what happened to oras. it now requires 11.0 to play online :(

thankfully i am transitioning my 3ds from ofw to cfw as i write this

Anbello262

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm sorry, I'm new to all of this, so I'll ask a very stupid question. I have read this thread, and I'm left with one doubt.
I have a completely VANILLA japanese old 3ds, which is updated to version 11.0 (updated only a few hours ago, before I started learning about homebrewing).
Am I completely locked out of homebrewing, or do I still have a chance if I buy the physical Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon directly from japan?
And if I still have that chance, what would I be able to do? The same as any 10.7 (except downgrading), or will I be more limited?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sorry, I'm new to all of this, so I'll ask a very stupid question. I have read this thread, and I'm left with one doubt.
I have a completely VANILLA japanese old 3ds, which is updated to version 11.0 (updated only a few hours ago, before I started learning about homebrewing).
Am I completely locked out of homebrewing, or do I still have a chance if I buy the physical Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon directly from japan?
And if I still have that chance, what would I be able to do? The same as any 10.7 (except downgrading), or will I be more limited?
Your only hope is to get a JPN Super Mystery Dungeon (and, if you don't have another 3DS with homebrew access, a compatible Powersaves or similar device). It's virtually the same as 10.7; just no downgrading, and some emulators don't work/don't work as well as they did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4