• Poll closed .

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
There was something like this for the Wii scene and it was very popular. Glad to see it happenning with this scene. One of the most time consuming things about the plailect guide is hunting down all those loose files. Hope this tool will be integrated at some point with the guide.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit! This would take 20 ish minutes off of the guide. Does this auto update with the guide, or does it require you to update it every time the guide changes? Would be awesome to have a self supporting tool

Reactions: SahierKHLover

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit! This would take 20 ish minutes off of the guide. Does this auto update with the guide, or does it require you to update it every time the guide changes? Would be awesome to have a self supporting tool
this would actually be useful if your lazy like me to update it manually

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(When released), each XML would have an update site and the tool would check if it has an update and notify/download it. The tool would not need to be changed every time the guide changes, only the XML.

Reactions: SahierKHLover

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on this page constantly browsing for questions and helping set up cfw, plus all of my friends who are interested too. This would speed up the workload and the setup for me and them. Cant wait to try this out.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on this page constantly browsing for questions and helping set up cfw, plus all of my friends who are interested too. This would speed up the workload and the setup for me and them. Cant wait to try this out.
From the votes currently, it seems that I have more work to do before a build release. But, I have also noticed that a lot of the problems caused by the help threads is downloading files incorrectly. I'm sure this will make things a lot easier.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, this is taking a bit more time than expected. The first beta will be released in a few days and will have update site support, zip stability (less buggy), and no 7zip support. It will be released on GitHub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Darn it I am working on something like this. But it is going to be able to parse the guide automatically every hour or so and keep the results in a database. No manual updates necessary (this tool could be dangerous if the XML is ever out of sync with the guide). I had a version working great but it required changes to the guide, which I spent too much time on and the pull request ultimately got rejected.

It's hard when you are studying university, working full time, have to study stuff for work outside of working hours, look after family members and help people on these forums (to be fair the last one is not necessary and I should do it less) -_-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2