Hardware Unusual 2DS System Update Error

iPadFaked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am using google translator as I am from Brazil and I don't speak English very well. So if something looks weird, it's his fault.
I have an american Old 2DS running version 11.10 with Luma V10. But I can't access Eshop because it says there is a system update. But whenever I try to update it gives an error. This video shows what happens when I try to update it. (2DS is in the language of my country)

Link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GsgpozmNXi33I5rjmR7JpeGlnAjrLbc-

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using google translator as I am from Brazil and I don't speak English very well. So if something looks weird, it's his fault.
I have an american Old 2DS running version 11.10 with Luma V10. But I can't access Eshop because it says there is a system update. But whenever I try to update it gives an error. This video shows what happens when I try to update it. (2DS is in the language of my country)

Link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GsgpozmNXi33I5rjmR7JpeGlnAjrLbc-
11.10U is current fw version

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
I have an american Old 2DS running version 11.10 with Luma V10. But I can't access Eshop because it says there is a system update. But whenever I try to update it gives an error. This video shows what happens when I try to update it. (2DS is in the language of my country
  • FBI → Pending Titles → Delete All
  • Recovery Mode
  • Use a different Internet when (re)updating the 3DS firmware.

iPadFaked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry for the delay in responding.
I tried everything and nothing worked out.
However I noticed that, as much as I delete, whenever I try to update this pending title comes back

Attachments

• 20191117_115048.jpg
    20191117_115048.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
D

Deleted-236924

What do you get now that 11.12 update exists? Or is that the result you're getting even now with 11.12 available?

D

Deleted-236924

Can you check 0004001B00010702 under Titles, on FBI? I'm interested in seeing what you currently have installed for that title.

iPadFaked

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not really unusual (but to be fair, nobody really found out the exact cause) - try (after making a nand backup, just in case) to install a ctrtransfer image (https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer), it generally fixes the issue
I will try, thanks.
Can you check 0004001B00010702 under Titles, on FBI? I'm interested in seeing what you currently have installed for that title.
It exists, but only says it is installed and does not speak if it has a specific version. It weighs 112kib and its version is 0. This one on NAND.
Are you using custom dns settings?
I only use it on my wifi for router compatibility issues. already used in others that do not need dns and the problem persists.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not really unusual (but to be fair, nobody really found out the exact cause) - try (after making a nand backup, just in case) to install a ctrtransfer image (https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer), it generally fixes the issue
Do I need to do the "finalizing setup" part?

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will try, thanks.

It exists, but only says it is installed and does not speak if it has a specific version. It weighs 112kib and its version is 0. This one on NAND.

I only use it on my wifi for router compatibility issues. already used in others that do not need dns and the problem persists.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do I need to do the "finalizing setup" part?
If you want to install the basic cia files and you don't know how to do that,yes,like fbi,anemone,luma updater,etc. The Godmode9 part(Section VI,VII and VIII) I consider at this point, optional,but always is good to backup your sysnand to avoid future issues

D

Deleted-236924

Try deleting that title along with its ticket, and see if this allows the system update to complete.

112 KB doesn't sound right, and the version should be v4096 as of 9.0, so to me it sounds like you've got an invalid title that could be preventing system update from working right.

If you are still having this issue, that is.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. Do OT not have user account password to link back after format?
You could relink a NNID if you first unlink it before the format. Again, system reformat erases your entire games collection. You could redownload everything from eShop if you legitimately purchased those. However, this won't restore the saves.

If you think you can outsmart the reformat by backing up a copy of the Nintendo 3DS folder, think again. You can't reuse that folder after the format because of changed encryption between the 3DS firmware and SD contents.

Format System Memory is terrible advice when it comes to repairing the 3DS firmware.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u done care about your NNID and want to start over use JKSM or CheckPoint to backup all saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1