Hacking Unsoftmoddable Wii

Struggling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my friends told me to come here and ask for help as you are all so helpfull and knowledgeable so here goes.

I bought a new Wii today on 3.4u,I installed ios 16 and ios 249 and now all wads give error 1035 from custom wad manager, and ios downgrader, cios uninstaller, regular wad manager and wanins installer all black screen

I can not think of anything to make this work - please help me as i can't sort ths out, but i'm sure it's something simple.

I look forward to your replies - I'll be online all night

Struggling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that, I reinstalled Cios rev7 again wtih Custom Wadmanager and it says it installs fine again.

Same result after tho, all other apps blackscreen.

Please help get to the bottom of this.

Is there a way to make cios uninstaller run on ios16 instead of ios249 as that would help me uninstall it as i cant use anything at the moment.

A very sad Wii User

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first...remove all USB and GC devices

second....stop trying to use cIOS Downgrader when you should be using IOS Downgrader.....no "c"

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS Downgrader and CIOS Downgrader should get different names. Anyway, like other people said, don't use the custom wad manager and use the normal one.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to run the IOS Downgrader now. that should patch all the trutcha bugs and such back into the IOS's on the system and enable you to downgrade the system.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok don't use wad manager to install the CIOS. use the CIOS Installer..... other than that I don't know what to tell you....

Edit did you use the Custom Wad manager to install the CIOS Fix?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres the situation....IF you installed a good wad of WANINKOKO's IOS249 rev7 (or any rev 4-8 actually)
using the custom wad manager

AND it installed properly (Gave you no errors)

AND you have an internet connection set up for your wii

AND you have no GC controllers or USB devices plugged in

AND your SD card is formatted properly

then IOS Downgrader 1.0 will absolutely work,
no "black screen"
it ONLY relies on:
1) your ability to boot it through HBC or TP-hack
2) that IOS
.....so go back and check those things.

Struggling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply Noobwarrior
tongue.gif

heres the situation....IF you installed a good wad of WANINKOKO's IOS249 rev7 (or any rev 4-8 actually)
using the custom wad manager - Which I did - Rev 7

AND it installed properly (Gave you no errors) - No errors.

AND you have an internet connection set up for your wii - I do, and have done a connection test.

AND you have no GC controllers or USB devices plugged in - Nothing plugeed in at all

AND your SD card is formatted properly - Tried a few different SD cards, one of which from a friend who uses it in there wii.

then IOS Downgrader 1.0 will absolutely work,
no "black screen"
it ONLY relies on:
1) your ability to boot it through HBC or TP-hack
2) that IOS

I have tried this as you have suggested and nothing. Still get a black screen every time.
Please can some people help shed a lil light on this as it appears someone else has had this problem on there new wii.
.....so go back and check those things. Sadly, none of this is the case and it still black screens.

I hope someone can come up with a solution or an answer to this problem.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay let's troubleshoot two more things, then I am out of ideas....get cIOS_fix.wad, and install that INSTEAD OF (aka overwrite) rev7
[note: cIOS_fix.wad is the best version of rev5, and the most commonly used for this trick...no reason it should work if
rev7 did not, but give it a try anyway]

so the steps are:
1) Wad Manager 1.1 (my preference) or the custom wadmanager (yes it'll work to install 16, then you quit and start again) to install IOS16
2) custom wadmanager to install cIOS_fix.wad
3) IOS Downgrader 1.0, run it again if it errors on a few things

other thing first though:
your internet connection....

unplug your wireless router and your modem and give em a sec and plug em back in.....who knows, maybe it'll work

and that leads me to the last part, I said wireless because this is only known to definitely work with wireless,
if you have the wii LAN adaptor that may be your problem

(good luck.....if I were you and those things still didnt work, I would not give up, I would just get fresh copies of all the files and start over)

new wiis that are being made have a new boot1 and some have a "new" boot2,

nothing else "new" has been reported,
and neither of those new things
would cause the problem you are having.

so unless there is secretly a system menu 3.4.1 that identifies itself as 3.4, I dunno.

a side thought, "blackscreen" to me reminds me of when I try to play a game that doesnt support my video mode....have you tried just using a different tv?
youre not like VGA-ing or something ar you?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
okay let's troubleshoot two more things, then I am out of ideas....get cIOS_fix.wad, and install that INSTEAD OF (aka overwrite) rev7
[note: cIOS_fix.wad is the best version of rev5, and the most commonly used for this trick...no reason it should work if
rev7 did not, but give it a try anyway]
been trying to help him myself on irc..... cios_fix cant install as rev7 is there. Cios Uninstaller cannot be used to remove 249 as it blackscreens. no way currently to install cios_Fix. first thing i tried as it was the common solution to the black screen issue in the past
so the steps are:
1) Wad Manager 1.1 (my preference) or the custom wadmanager (yes it'll work to install 16, then you quit and start again) to install IOS16
2) custom wadmanager to install cIOS_fix.wad
3) IOS Downgrader 1.0, run it again if it errors on a few things

other thing first though:
your internet connection....

unplug your wireless router and your modem and give em a sec and plug em back in.....who knows, maybe it'll work

and that leads me to the last part, I said wireless because this is only known to definitely work with wireless,
if you have the wii LAN adaptor that may be your problem

(good luck.....if I were you and those things still didnt work, I would not give up, I would just get fresh copies of all the files and start over)

new wiis that are being made have a new boot1 and some have a "new" boot2,

nothing else "new" has been reported,
and neither of those new things
would cause the problem you are having.

so unless there is secretly a system menu 3.4.1 that identifies itself as 3.4, I dunno.
im thinking something small was changed in the ios access on new wii's that is causing an issue. probably a simple workaround of switching all the cios to 248 instead
a side thought, "blackscreen" to me reminds me of when I try to play a game that doesnt support my video mode....have you tried just using a different tv?
youre not like VGA-ing or something ar you?
not a video issue as we tried wanins pre alpha cioscorp online installer which has music and it blackscreens without sound.

Struggling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks again for the response Noobwarrior
smile.gif

I have tried to use cios fix a known working copy from my friends wii and have also downloaded new copies of all of the files concerend - no joy.

I even tried to isntall a new 3.2 system menu with a custom wadmanager at got an error saying cant install as title with higher version already installed.

So now i'm really starting to wonder if this is a new thing on the wii as if you see my post a few posts up, there was another case where wiiblaster spent ages with the same problem on another new wii.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait wait wait.....you can't get 249 rev7 UNinstalled?
( i know, you said it in your first post, it just didnt click)

I had that problem.

just use one of the cIOS patchmii clones to uninstall it.

either tona's or qleaps will work, before it offers to install, it'll offer to uninstall your current one.

the only way that worked for me.
had to run tona's rev5 twice in a row, that worked for me, second time I could uninstall.

then install cIOS_fix.wad

and yep, I remember, everything blackscreened.....

that happened to me when I installed QLeaps Rev6.9 with Kor disc support,
same exact thing, but different IOS....pretty weird.

I dunno if IOS Downgrader has source available, but it would really sort the whole thing just to have it compiled to use 16 too.

Struggling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the reply.

You really had my hopes up there man!

I tried what you said and used both patch mii mods, the one by tona and the one from Qleap - sadly tho both black screened again.

I can't code so wouldnt b able to recompile iosdowngrader to use ios16, but i think that may help.

Any other ideas?

Or have ninty finally got it right?

As i thought it may have just been a bad wii, so i took it back and got a another one - same results.
Im starting to bet on ninty.
It says 3.4 on settings screen.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that'd be pretty impressive....not sure how they'd pull it off.

more importantly, not sure why we wouldnt all have recieved a minor update at this point.

dwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this worries me, so now it's possible new wii's can't be softmodded ?

i sure hope not.

or is it just that they won't downgrade ?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well....that means the same thing basically.....unless you just wanna play homebrew games.

Im still banking on him doing something wrong, no offense....I don't like to jump the gun.

that and like I said, we'd have more updated people by now I'd think.

Struggling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue that has arisen is as soon as Cios 249 is installed all other apps black screen making the wii unable to downgrade.

Hell, you can't even install a new 3.2 sys wad through custom wad manager.

I am sure if we can get someone to recompile ios downgrader or sumthing that we can get to the bottom of this as it's seeming a bit strange now.

I can assure you I am not doing anything wrong Noobwarrior.

Digity Dogs and Skarface have spent over 8 hours trying to help me with no success.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1