Unrecognised AK fix?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Deathmore, Jul 5, 2009.

Jul 5, 2009

Unrecognised AK fix? by Deathmore at 12:12 PM (850 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Deathmore
    OP

Member Deathmore GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I ordered AK2.1 from DX, turns out it was defective. I am about to recieve a replacement and have told me to keep the defective AK for any use I may need.

Pics of the Defective AK2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pic shows the DS card area is blank, there is a card inserted but no icon or text

And when clicked on I am greeted with a white screen, how fun [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any solutions? I've heard of using paper to push the card into the contactors however it was still a fail.

I think it maybe the flash memory thing on the PCB that could have been wiped out [​IMG]

Baisicly its my friends and it failed on him after he launch Mario Kart, he only heard sound and then the AK2 would load like it is. I've read that a recent batch of bad AK2 fail after a week or so of light usage, that could be the case.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i can't see what’s going on i down own a 52" monitor.

if its not being recognized in the dsi/ds firmware it could be a contact issue. try it on more than 1 dsi/ds. take it in/out/in/out multiple times. make sure you push it in straight. if you can see it but it won't boot the firmware then its a msd formatting or seat issue. both are very common with the 2i. remember it was 1st to market and didn't have as much testing as some of the other kits. sadly, this means it has some issues that the 2.1 does not.

-another world

3. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've noticed that if you boot the Acekard 2i without a microSD/HC card it should show a black screen then a blue lettered "Loading..." will pop up. If that doesn't work then i would check the contacts of the Acekard and the contacts of the microSD/HC chip.

4. mermehma

Newcomer mermehma Advanced Member

United States
    mine does that alot I just unplug an replug. Then it usually works.

(Assuming you did that already)

Replacement is best.

5. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It is a contact issue, after managing to recreate it a couple times by fiddling around with the slot.