DTronix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

TLDR : Hekate works, any payloads works, HOS doesn’t work and AMS neither.

I’ve searched internet and the few people who got the same issue didn’t post a solution…

So I installed a Picofly on an unpatched V1 (the person wanted a modchip and I don’t have any RCM chip atm)

So I update HOS to FW 17 before starting, I install the chip, I got the NO SD logo so it went fine.

I put all the files on the SD card, boot Hekate, create EMUMMC… the usual stuff.

The issue is when loading fusée.bin, I get the big atmosphere splash for half a second then nothing, black screen, the console is on and I have to press POWER for 20 sec to shut it down.

I tried the option Stock EMMC and I got only a black screen.

I tried bypassing the chip with vol+ and vol- with no luck, same issue, the console is powered on with a black screen…

The chip is working fine and the glitch takes less than a second before turning green.

I searched a bit on Hekate, and found the fuses count are good, and the battery calibration is off, it shows 1000mAh in orange with a warning sign and Init, I doubt the issue comes from here as everything else shows up, so the battery should be fine.

Here is what I did so far :
-tried rebuilding the eMMC via eMMCHacGen using the Such meme Many skills guide and went all the way to system wipe, no luck.
-Tried removing the chip and putting back the eMMC boards where it belongs, nothing. Worth noting my stupid ass tried this only after the system wipe… So the eMMC was already altered…

What I didn’t do yet :
-Restoring full NAND with Hekate
-Trying another battery

If anyone have a suggestion on what to try, any help appreciated !

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi !

TLDR : Hekate works, any payloads works, HOS doesn’t work and AMS neither.

I’ve searched internet and the few people who got the same issue didn’t post a solution…

So I installed a Picofly on an unpatched V1 (the person wanted a modchip and I don’t have any RCM chip atm)

So I update HOS to FW 17 before starting, I install the chip, I got the NO SD logo so it went fine.

I put all the files on the SD card, boot Hekate, create EMUMMC… the usual stuff.

The issue is when loading fusée.bin, I get the big atmosphere splash for half a second then nothing, black screen, the console is on and I have to press POWER for 20 sec to shut it down.

I tried the option Stock EMMC and I got only a black screen.

I tried bypassing the chip with vol+ and vol- with no luck, same issue, the console is powered on with a black screen…

The chip is working fine and the glitch takes less than a second before turning green.

I searched a bit on Hekate, and found the fuses count are good, and the battery calibration is off, it shows 1000mAh in orange with a warning sign and Init, I doubt the issue comes from here as everything else shows up, so the battery should be fine.

Here is what I did so far :
-tried rebuilding the eMMC via eMMCHacGen using the Such meme Many skills guide and went all the way to system wipe, no luck.
-Tried removing the chip and putting back the eMMC boards where it belongs, nothing. Worth noting my stupid ass tried this only after the system wipe… So the eMMC was already altered…

What I didn’t do yet :
-Restoring full NAND with Hekate
-Trying another battery

If anyone have a suggestion on what to try, any help appreciated !
Are you suing the latest Version am AMS 1.6.2 ? If not this might help.

DTronix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I attached the pic of the battery menu in Hekate, You will see everything seems normal except for the capacity full and design which are at 1000 mah and the design showing an error.

Attachments

• IMG_3383.jpeg
    IMG_3383.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attached the pic of the battery menu in Hekate, You will see everything seems normal except for the capacity full and design which are at 1000 mah and the design showing an error.

Boot into stock OFW to recalibrate the battery. When a chip is newly installed it will show that, you have to boot into Horizon OS to fix it.

DTronix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Boot into stock OFW to recalibrate the battery.
That is the issue : no way to boot neither HOS or AMS, bypassing the chip by holding vol + and Vol - give the same result : black screen.

The only thing the console does is Hekate…

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the issue : no way to boot neither HOS or AMS, bypassing the chip by holding vol + and Vol - give the same result : black screen.

The only thing the console does is Hekate…

You can either use this

{-------- Stock -------}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

or hekate stock or the OFW to boot into stock.

DTronix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can either use this

{-------- Stock -------}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

or hekate stock or the OFW to boot into stock.
Same result, I had the same entry that I already tried, but mine had the stock=1 before the package3 so i put them in the same order as yours just in case but no, same result. It sits on my desk, black screen and the backplate is warm to the touch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same result, I had the same entry that I already tried, but mine had the stock=1 before the package3 so i put them in the same order as yours just in case but no, same result. It sits on my desk, black screen and the backplate is warm to the touch.

Sound like problem is the NAND.

DTronix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sound like problem is the NAND.
I would agree with you but the fact that Hekate can read it and i can dump it makes me think that the Nand is fine, and the problem should be the data inside that’s corrupted... Is there a way to rebuild a nand from scratch ? The guide I followed made me dump the firmware from the Nand, so if the FW was corrupted it rebuilt a corrupted FW…

EDIT: Added more informations.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree with you but the fact that Hekate can read it and i can dump it makes me think that the Nand is fine, and the problem should be the data inside that’s corrupted... Is there a way to rebuild a nand from scratch ? The guide I followed made me dump the firmware from the Nand, so if the FW was corrupted it rebuilt a corrupted FW…

EDIT: Added more informations.

I know RP2040 Hwfly cause problem, are you using an RP2040 Hwfly

DTronix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RP2040 Hwfly is known to corrupt NAND, no you got any NAND backup?
Damn.. I should have known that...

After installing the chip and before any SD prep I tried vol+ and Vol- on the NO SD screen to boot HOS but the issue started there...

So my first nand back up is already corrupted if you are right...

I must rebuild it from scratch I think.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn.. I should have known that...

After installing the chip and before any SD prep I tried vol+ and Vol- on the NO SD screen to boot HOS but the issue started there...

So my first nand back up is already corrupted if you are right...

I must rebuild it from scratch I think.

Looks for a HWFLY Core, you should be able to fix it if you use a HWFLY Core.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...