unofficial firmware

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by theforbidden1, Aug 13, 2008.

Aug 13, 2008

unofficial firmware by theforbidden1 at 8:31 PM (4,795 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. theforbidden1
    OP

Newcomer theforbidden1 Advanced Member

Portugal
    is there any firmware for DSTT with proper menus?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I suspect you're looking for something like YSMenu, but what do you mean by "proper menus?"

-Bri

3. theforbidden1
    OP

Portugal
    does YSmenu work on DSTT? if yes where can i download it?

4. Bri

United States
    Yes it does. Here are the instructions:

YSMenu is a homebrew menu for the DSTT and Acekard 2 by Yasu. Yasu doesn’t want anyone to link to any pages other than his home page. Yasu’s home page is http://home.usay.jp/. It's mostly in Japanese, but to get YSMenu, follow these directions:[*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list (currently "2008/05/22 22:22") to download the latest version.To install YSMenu for DSTT:[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu and the latest version of the official TTMenu firmware.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Create a folder named "YSMenu" on your microSD drive.[*]Place a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" from the original menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run "ttextract.exe" on your PC. Place the two resulting files ("ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat") into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.[*](a) If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename "TTMENU.DAT" that is on your microSD to "TTMenu.nds", then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" on the root (top level) of your microSD card. Make a copy of "YSMenu.nds" named "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMenu.nds", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMENU.DAT" (a copy of "YSMenu.nds") on the root of your microSD card.
    (b) If you want TTMenu to be the default menu, place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" named "TTMenu.nds" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMENU.DAT", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMenu.nds" (a copy of "TTMENU.DAT") on the root of your microSD card.[*]Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "YSMenu" folder.[*]Edit "YSMenu.ini". Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place it into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.
    That should be it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run "YSMenu.nds" to get to YSMenu. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu and you can run "TTMenu.nds" to get back to TTMenu.

Note that if you don't want a separate "YSMenu" folder, you can place all of the files in the "TTMENU" folder instead, but to make it easier to install updates to one or the other menu, I recommend a separate "YSMenu" folder.

-Bri

5. theforbidden1
    OP

Portugal
    The package i downloaded don't have the skins...

Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "TTMENU" folder.

6. Bri

United States
    They're just 256x192 BMP files, one for the top screen background and one for the bottom. I have some examples I can send you if you want. PM me and I'll e-mail them to you.

By the way, the YSMenu-specific files (ttdldi.dat, ttpatch.dat, YSMenu.ini, YSMenu1.bmp, and YSMenu2.bmp) can go in a "YSMenu" folder if you don't want them in your "TTMENU" folder. Makes it a little easier to update one of the menu systems without affecting the other.

-Bri

7. theforbidden1
    OP

Portugal
    i can't find these two files:

YSMenu1.bmp and YSMenu2.bmp

they are not in the zip file i downloaded.

YSMenu is working find, but it is without skin...

8. Bri

United States
    I know. Read my previous post. I said that I will send you some skin files that I made if you want, or you can just create your own. They're just 256x192 BMP files. There were never any "official" skin files included with YSMenu that I know of.

-Bri

9. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Is this better than the official firmware because I might consider it.

10. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Most people will say yes. It is almost the same as the R4 menu, but with other features like rumble, auto patching Opera, and running GBA games. I like it way better then the DSTT menu.

11. theforbidden1
    OP

Portugal

mate can you upload the files to rapidshare?

12. theforbidden1
    OP

Portugal
    And to play GBA games or use Opera i would need an slot 2 device? If yes what devices do you recomend (and where to buy)

13. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Yes.
    Either the EZFlash 3-in-1 or the Ewin 2-in-1
    Don't know where to buy anymore.

14. Bri

United States
    You can get the EZFlash 3-in-1 from dealextreme.com. The eWin 2-in-1 is nearly impossible to find right now.

-Bri

15. IOwnAndPwnU

Canada
    Actually I don't care about my DSTT firmware too much. If it has big features then yeah. I don't use my DSTT much (if ever) but only my sister does so I don't care much.

16. Bri

United States
    Well, it does have some significant advantages over the DSTT menu. It loads GBA games directly to the slot 2. And of course it shows folders, sorts ROMs alphabetically, and doesn't lag when scrolling the games list.

-Bri

17. theforbidden1
    OP

Portugal
    yep,
    that was exactly what i was looking for [​IMG]

18. IOwnAndPwnU

Canada
    Oh well, in that case, I'll do it when I'm really bored.

19. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    Nice Guide.
    This should be a sticky!

20. IOwnAndPwnU

Canada
    Sticky request second-ed.