Gaming Unlocking Region Codes

JohnLoco

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey! I made the misstake and transfered allot of region locked games, is there any way i can make them region free through my dashboard or do i have to re-trasnfer them to the PC to do that?

Cheers for any help! / J.L

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Freeboot 0.032 is region free anyway, so you shouldn't have to do anything to them. If you're still on xbr then I don't think there are any apps to do it on the 360, but you only need to transfer the main .xex and patch that, don't have to do the whole game.

I assume you are talking about the 360 and have a Jtag box. If you're talking about the original, then you don't need to do anything and a flashed 360 you can't break the region lock.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If they are GOD installs region should not matter.
You can get region free patches for freeboot/XBR (not sure if/when they got built in by default)
Xexmenu and FSD (and presumably their alternatives) do region unlock when ripping from disc

Worst case scenario- you transfer your default.xex (at internal/local network speeds it will probably take longer to load up the FTP client and dial in than to transfer it) back to your PC and unlock it via xextool.

edit: too slow it seems but I will leave it up.
@Armadillo you might not be able to bypass region locks but you can change region if you have the CPU key for your 360.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night im forced to turn this off