Unlinking SysNAND from EmuNAND problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by klear, Nov 10, 2015.

1. klear
    OP

klear Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    Italy
    I've a N3DS Ver. 9.0.0-20E and I wanted to unlink my EmuNAND from SysNAND. So, I went to "Format System Memory" in EmuNAND (Rei 9.0.0-20E), but it deleted all from SD://Nintendo 3DS/[ID1]/ and make a different [ID2] folder.
    I've the backup for Nand and SD, if now I make an EmuNAND with the Gateway menu "Format EmuNAND" and restore my NAND with "holding down while entering the Downgrade" option on the Gateway menu, would the SD contains unlinked SysNAND and EmuNAND, after restoring the SD?

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    You don't need to redo the whole thing, just put back your sd card contents. But you should have removed the micro-sd before formatting the sysnand in the first place.

3. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    The easiest way to unlink nands is to format your sysnand without SD card inserted. If you don't have any important contents in your sysnand, you'd better try to do it this way. Also, make sure there's no NNID linked to sysnand before you format the emunand. Otherwise you'll have trouble accessing eshop in one of your nands.

4. klear
    OP

klear Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    Italy
    I thought it was in EmuNAND because the version in system setting was "Rei 9.0.0-20E" but the result was like it was in SysNAND.
    What happens if I copy everything inside my old [ID2] folder, and paste them into the new one?

Last edited by klear, Nov 11, 2015