ROM Hack Universal ROM patcher

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reading the translation project posts, it seems many people don't know and can't be bothered to learn how to use the command line, so I made a solution - my "Universal Patcher"

It is a basically a frontend for many command-line tools with a wizard-like interface.

Screens:

2u5wfw9.png

a498ow.png

2mebh46.png

Download:

Download 1
Download 2
(GBATemp download center broken?)

I couldn't find a CLI dpspatcher, but I would like to include that too
wink.gif

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you could get it to give a description of the different kinds of patching so people will know what is needed for their hardware? THAT would make it "user friendly."

I have a Max Media Dock with Maximum Overload, a DS-X 4Gb, and a 4GB C6 M3 DS real. I only use the MMD for dumping games and saves, but the DS-X needs "ARM 7" patches for saving in most newer games. Are any of those the "ARM 7" patch?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't a piracy loader... but I could implement ARM7 patching, I guess.

Posts merged

I've just compiled dpspatcher from deufeufeu's site, so dps patchin will be in the next version

D

Deleted User

arctic_flame said:
You don't need anything else. It's all self contained.
I'm going to make change to the dps format in the future, to add compression and variants (choose at the time of patching the feature you want included), so perhaps you should wait a bit...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
deufeufeu said:
arctic_flame said:
You don't need anything else. It's all self contained.
I'm going to make change to the dps format in the future, to add compression and variants (choose at the time of patching the feature you want included), so perhaps you should wait a bit...

Ok, I wasn't planning on adding it until at least this weekend anyway.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:

Posts merged

I've just compiled dpspatcher from deufeufeu's site, so dps patchin will be in the next version
Piracy? I use the MMD with Rudolph's tool to dump and reload saves from my own games, as well as backup the games themselves to play on the DS-X or M3r for portability. I then use the MMD with Rudolph's tool to load my saves back on the original game cards when I have done something of note or made progress while playing on the flash cards (and no, I own an Action Replay, so I'm not talking about cheating on a backup then loading back on the original card!). What I'm doing is personal backup, not piracy. Even so, I don't really know what bsdiff, ppf, and NINJA patching is, so I assumed that they were various types of patching like cards and loaders have needed in the past (considering my limited experience with the MMD + Maximum Overload). Back in the SNES days, there was IPS. The N64 scene sometimes used an advanced form of IPS (APS). Are these just patching formats similar to IPS? If so, I can see why their function is not described in the app. If they are for certain generic patches (save fixes and other broadly-patchable incompatibilities), then they should say what they do. Just a suggestion.
smile.gif

chechiarts

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:

Posts merged

can you get it to patch games for that max media dock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)