Unique Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by lgnmcrules, Dec 10, 2016.

1. lgnmcrules
    OP

lgnmcrules GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    So a little preface before I dive into the issue:

I have Luma3DS, latest builds, on all 3 of my 3DSs. I have CFW and NTR. Everything is updated and no files are all weird. I have had no prior problems with this for the past year(s). This is a recent problem that keeps occuring.

Now for the issue:

On all 3 of my 3DSs, (oXL, N3DS, o3DS,) local wireless communications between each other and other units have been flawless. Lately, however, nearly every time (~4/5) that I go into a local wireless situation in-games, (both cartridge and installed titles) the game hangs at the local wireless screen, and simply black screens with home menu disabled OR shows the screen right before the where the local wireless images would appear.

Is there any solution to this problem?

2. Yangarang

Yangarang GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    I'm not sure what is causing the issue, however I would suggest finding a way to get the CIAs for the latest update and installing them with sysupdater or the like? Could be an issue with the OS, but that's only a guess
    Hope it helps!

3. lgnmcrules
    OP

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    All my games and files are fully updated, so that's not the issue.

4. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    is developer mode on?

5. lgnmcrules
    OP

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    Developer mode is enabled on the N3DS only, the other 2 do not, yet they still have the same issues.

6. lgnmcrules
    OP

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    Is there no solution?

7. VassagoX

VassagoX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2009
    United States
    Are you sure it's not the wireless access point? I had this problem with my router recently. My router has both a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connection. The 2.4 has been dropping off sometimes where it looks like it works but the internet doesn't while the 5 GHz still works. Resetting the router helped for me.

8. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    I had the same problem more than once. The issue is the Wi-Fi adapter in the 3DS can't connect to the router. (Has nothing to do with your router, it's the console, the Wi-Fi cards suck). So just delete all your connection settings, turn off the Wi-Fi in the Themes menu, reboot,4 turn Wi_Fi back on and create your connection again. It should work. I was having the same problem in pokemon literally just last night it would just hang on "Connecting" even though it showed "Internet" on my homescreen. I checked the eshop, friendslist etc and nothing was loading so I knew it was the console, since all my other devices were online just fine, same router. Hopefully that works for you. It does for me since this is like the 4th time it's happened to me. Doesn't seem to be a reason, it's totally random AFAIK.

9. lgnmcrules
    OP

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    To you both, I appreciate that you tried to help, but the issue isn't with online play. It's local wireless.

10. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Delete your Luma config then turn off your 3DS. When the Luma menu pops up don't enable anything. Instead just press start and see if that works.

11. VassagoX

VassagoX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2009
    United States
    For me, it was the router. I didn't have internet on my phone when connected to the 2.4 connection either.

But I have no doubt that the card sucks in these things. Lol