Uninstalling Custom Avenir Font

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ShinyMK, Jul 19, 2016.

1. ShinyMK
    OP

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    I downloaded a .cia containing a Avenir Font from Homemenu.co but I generally dont like it, So I feel like uninstalling/reverting the Custom Font.

I google'd a bit and it seems to be stored in the 0004009B NAND section with the ID of 00014002 which is the "System Font".

Obviously if I uninstall this I will have no font and probably be bricked so to revert it I need the original Title packed in a .cia with the original font.

I managed to find the Original Font packed in a .cia, But since its copyright to Nintendo I cant post a Direct Link to it.

BUT Thats not good!, Having custom fonts fuck up some games and if people want to revert it and find like 0 information on reverting it, People will end up bricking there consoles trying to uninstall it.

So i'm gonna post the link encrypted so that i'm not linking anything (Per-Say), But you guys can still revert it :)

aHR0cDovL2dlLnR0Lzg5WE1RWmMy
    (UTF-8 base64)

Last edited by ShinyMK, Jul 19, 2016
  2. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Restore a nand backup.

3. ShinyMK
    OP

Dec 29, 2015
    Dont have one lmao

4. KapuDaKoopa

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    I don't know exactly where but somewhere on here is a thread for a collection of custom fonts. It contains the original font that you can just install over it.

If you wanted to replace it with another custom font you could do that too

5. ShinyMK
    OP

Dec 29, 2015
    Ok, I managed to find the Original Font packed in a .cia, But since its copyright to Nintendo I cant post a Direct Link to it :/
    BUT, Thats not good, Having custom fonts fuck up some games and if people want to revert it and find like 0 information on reverting it, People will end up bricking there consoles trying to uninstall it.
    So im gonna post the link encrypted so that i'm not linking anything (Per-Say), But you guys can still revert it :)

aHR0cDovL2dlLnR0Lzg5WE1RWmMy
    (UTF-8 base64)

6. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Arguably the easiest way to restore the default one would be to use a CIA Manager to find the title ID of the custom font, then downloading it from 3DNUS

Ryccardo likes this.
  7. scionae

scionae Official Trap Lover

Dec 28, 2016
    Italy
    Uhm.. how does the link work?
    I decrypted it but when I open it it just says "Drop files here to share"