Uninstalling CFW

Deleted member 607525

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hello. This is probably a stupid question, but I deleted custom firmware from my 3ds today and I wanted to ask, if the cfw is completely gone. Like nothing at all, or are there some remains of it. If so, how to delete them?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Possible remnants:
  • Modified save data (if any)
  • Activity Log data containing homebrew titles (if any)
  • Time offset still nullified (if time offset nullification has been done)
  • Files on CRTNAND get deleted by the Un-Install Hax script... but deleting files does not actually overwrite them. They could still be found when examining the partitiion
  • Embedded essential.exefs (if GodMode9 has been started and the question has been answered with "Yes")
That said, I don't see the point in removing CFW. None of these should do any harm.

Deleted member 607525

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Possible remnants:
  • Files on CRTNAND get deleted by the Un-Install Hax script... but deleting files does not actually overwrite them. They could still be found when examining the partitiion
  • Embedded essential.exefs (if GodMode9 has been started and the question has been answered with "Yes")
That said, I don't see the point in removing CFW. None of these should do any harm.
I deleted all of the files off of my SD card. So are any of these above still there? I also reformatted the card.

Deleted member 607525

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
A
Possible remnants:

I deleted all of the files off of my SD card. So are any of these above still there? I also reformatted the card.
Also if they are still there, is there a way to delete them?

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure all the extra stuff on the SD card (from haxx) should be deleted after uninstalling haxx, as there would be no use for them. So if you did reformat the card, then you probably have no remnants of haxx left.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure all the extra stuff on the SD card (from haxx) should be deleted after uninstalling haxx, as there would be no use for them. So if you did reformat the card, then you probably have no remnants of haxx left.
Deleting stuff from the SD does nothing about possible remnants (if any) on the internal NAND.
Again: Not important if there are such remnants.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Oh. I'm the nightmare. I get it.