Hacking uninstalled ios 257

abhi3bhatia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i tried to install darkcorp but it said i need to get the xml file so i had to reboot and i couldnt get in to system menu (i was in preloader). so i went to homebrew channel and uninstalled the wads manually and accidently uninstalled ios 257 and now i just have a black screen on startup. i cant get into preloader or homebrew now. i dont have a gamecube controller (i can get one if i have to)
is there a way to fix this
i want a way where i dont need a gamecube controller but if i have to then i will get one
tnx

abhi bhatia

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem isn't IOS257. You uninstlled the IOS the system menu runs on. (30 or 60 most likely)
Unless you have bootmii as boot2 your Wii is perma-bricked. Congratulations.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There's no such thing as IOS257. The item located at "IOS257" is MIOS, which is responsible for GameCube games (definitely not what you mean).

If you uninstalled the System Menu IOS (IOS30, IOS50, IOS60 or IOS70), you're fucked for good.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
Yeah, you most likely uninstalled your Sytem Menu or System Menu IOS (30, 50, 60 or 70). The only way you can fix it is if you have BootMii. If you want to check if you have BootMii, remove your SD card and turn your Wii on. After the initial flash of the disc slot light, you should see some very brief flashes. If you do see these, your Wii has BootMii, and it may be possible to fix your Wii (if you have a NAND backup). If you don't see these flashes, you just murdered your Wii.

abhi3bhatia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SherlockHolmeboy said:
Yeah, you most likely uninstalled your Sytem Menu or System Menu IOS (30, 50, 60 or 70). The only way you can fix it is if you have BootMii. If you want to check if you have BootMii, remove your SD card and turn your Wii on. After the initial flash of the disc slot light, you should see some very brief flashes. If you do see these, your Wii has BootMii, and it may be possible to fix your Wii (if you have a NAND backup). If you don't see these flashes, you just murdered your Wii.
yes i do have bootmii and a nand backup

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have BootMii and a NAND backup, you just need to put in an SD card that has the BootMii files on it, and boot into the BootMii menu. Now from there, you can restore your NAND backup. The other option you may have is that if you can get into the BootMii menu, you might be able to run HBC, and then run DOP-IOS or something and reinstall the IOS that you killed.

abhi3bhatia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
If you have BootMii and a NAND backup, you just need to put in an SD card that has the BootMii files on it, and boot into the BootMii menu. Now from there, you can restore your NAND backup. The other option you may have is that if you can get into the BootMii menu, you might be able to run HBC, and then run DOP-IOS or something and reinstall the IOS that you killed.
see there is the prob how do i get into bootmii

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have bootmii installed it should show up on every boot unless you have the CFG autoboot set to 0. Go into your bootmii folder and change it too 5 and see if it shows up;.

abhi3bhatia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
If you have bootmii installed it should show up on every boot unless you have the CFG autoboot set to 0. Go into your bootmii folder and change it too 5 and see if it shows up;.
how do i do that and how do i know if it is CFG autoboot

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
abhi3bhatia said:
yes i do have bootmii and a nand backup
Even if you can't access bootmii, you can fix your wii using an infectus chip to reflash your nand using your nand dump. Its a relatively complicated procedure though, I would recommend sending your wii + nand backup & keys to DeadlyFoez. He'll be able to fix this wii for sure, and he does a great job taking care of his 'clients'.

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now dont shout at me but if he has priiloader and bootmii as an ios is wont the option to boot bootmii as ios work in priiloader?

just a thought

Bleroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you couldn't install bootmii as boot2 when you first do it, can you go back once your done and boot from elf again and install it then? or if you couldn't do it the first time you never can?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bleroy said:
If you couldn't install bootmii as boot2 when you first do it, can you go back once your done and boot from elf again and install it then? or if you couldn't do it the first time you never can?
If you couldn't install it, you'll never be able to install it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.