Uninstall A9LH without NAND.bin?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by I_AM_L_FORCE, May 18, 2016.

1. I_AM_L_FORCE
    OP

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    I don't have any more a9lh on account of my computer being destroyed. Any help?

2. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    possibly in your closet
    You might be able to backup your NAND, and restore it without (keep A9LH) to remove A9LH from your device.

(I am not sure - I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong or anything that happens to your system)

3. I_AM_L_FORCE
    OP

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    I was just wondering if I ever needed to sell it. I guess I could just list it as cfw

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Just back up the nand, then restore it without the A9LH option, and boom, you're back to legit booting without A9LH.

5. mokmoki

mokmoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    are you guys sure? because i was under the impression that you HAD to have a pre-A9LH backup to remove the hack. because backing up your NAND also backs up the A9LH entrypoint, if i recall correctly. i think that's why decrypt9 says "corrupted firm0/1" when restoring a nand backup of an A9LH system.

6. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    3DS Safe mode will remove it still, right?

7. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    It will brick if that's what you're asking

8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    just try what i suggested above. I did it successfully by accident, by flashing a sysNAND backup without choosing the (keep A9LH) one, but luckily I just flashed it again with the correct method.

9. mokmoki

mokmoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    it will work if your sysNAND backup didn't have A9LH in the first place. but i don't think this will work if the only backup you have is your current A9LH setup.

10. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    No, it was not. It should work just fine for removing A9LH if using O3DS/2DS.

OP: According to a previous thread, https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-i-remove-a9lh.418022/, another method, if possible for you, would be to simply install the original NATIVE_FIRM via CIA, that corresponds to your system version, using a CFW that doesn't write-protect it.

Last edited by OrGoN3, May 18, 2016