Unimpressed so far with ShopTemp. [RESOLVED]

blackderbyhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 to Schizoanalysis's post.

You ultimately deal with Chinese companies because they're cheap, not because they give you fast or good service. I usually just try to forget that I've ordered something, so that I don't mind the 2-3 weeks wait for my product.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Schizoanalysis said:
Atashi said:
(they did blame DHL for being angry with them for shipping too many packages)

That's just funny...
Why would DHL be angry with them for giving them lots of business/more money...?
Actually its true, the ShopTemp team informed of us of it too. The problem wasn't that DHL was angry that ShopTemp was giving them business, the issue was that the DHL agent was frustrated that ShopTemp was giving him or her too many orders to process too quickly. Essentially it was an individual or small group that was frustrated with too much work from ShopTemp being so successful so quickly.

To put it simply, someone was frustrated that they had to do more work than usual because of ShopTemp. It wasn't the entirety of the company.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Atashi said:
I obviously have limited experience dealing with businesses behind the great wall, but this is the first I've heard of packages having to go through customs to get out of a country...

Happens in India too I believe.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
The package arrived today.

Can't complain about DHL, according to their tracking they started Monday in Hong Kong and it arrived today in Toronto Canada.

I'm having some issues with the product itself (Dingoo) but if that turns into another ordeal I'll start another thread. Short version is despite them saying 'guaranteed non-HK version' the dingoo is behaving exactly like an HK version. Meaning that it won't run anything other than the sample games it came with & can't use native/community apps, games, etc. I'm looking into methods to fix this, fortunately there's some good resources available out there.

To be fair I'm not necessarily blaming ShopTemp if it does turn out to be an 'HK' version; they might not have known. There's so many different versions of hardware etc now that it's impossible to tell without turning it on and using it, what version it actually is.

-Atashi

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I suggest you take some photographs of your console and let us see the model number.

One of the requirements that we imposed to ShopTemp is that they ship legit and working products, no clones, no "hk" versions, etc.
They confirmed that all their Dingoo stock is not "HK", they can even show photos to prove it.

Now if there is another model that proves "defective" (although I've never used a dingoo so i dont know what can be considered defective?) we need to make sure it gets tracked down immediately and that ShopTemp stops selling this model.

I recommend using Dingux anyway, I heard emulators compatibility is much better!
http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/07/i...ngux-using.html

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Costello,

I'll get some photos set up tonight. As I said in my previous post, I don't know that they can tell an HK from a non-HK model any more unless they try and use it. The old methods to tell them apart ("pawed versus unpawed" and "HK serial number") are no longer trustworthy as there have been so many changes in the product's manufacturing. It's not even possible to tell by looking at the internals any more.

In this case, the Dingoo passes all the old tests (it is "pawed" and has a non-HK serial number) and internally it looks like one of the 'good' versions, however functionally I have determined it is undoubtedly an "HK" unit: It would not run any native/community apps other than those it came with; it would not run any emulators other than those it came with; the emulators it came with worked poorly, and attempting to flash a new firmware actually bricked it with a red 'unauthorized' screen. These are all symptoms of the "HK" units.

I was able to revive it this morning using an Unbricker that was created specifically for the HK units, and was able to replace the firmware and other apps with ones which were also made specifically to fix the HK units. From that point of view, it is now working perfectly and is fully functional. However, had I not been doing a lot of homework and research over the past week I'd have been stuck with an inferior product that bricked itself on the first day.

Again, I'm not blaming ShopTemp for this - it is an issue specific to Dingoos and the Dingoo community is fortunately working to remedy the matter.

Perhaps the best option would be for ShopTemp to include links somewhere (FAQ maybe) to the appropriate information / help threads. I'll post the links that helped me when I get home tonight.

-Atashi

P.s. Is it possible to edit the thread's title or subtitle? I got in a real bitchy mood last week, but now everything's all better and I wanted to change the title to be [resolved] or something but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Atashi said:
Perhaps the best option would be for ShopTemp to include links somewhere (FAQ maybe) to the appropriate information / help threads. I'll post the links that helped me when I get home tonight.

+1

That would be appreciated greatly... I ordered one too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)