Gaming Unicode bug in Firefox?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,353
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
My dad's laptop had this bug in Firefox version 3.0.8.

Other pages that he went to is working fine, but on the built-in search engine, homepage, google-related website, it flops. Once you go there, all you see is weird unicode. However, any other pages that he went to works perfect (Eg. Facebook)

We tried full system scan, doesn't work and nothing is found D:.

We tried re-installing and registry cleaning, doesn't work.

We tried removing all google-related apps in the pc, doesn't work.

My dad's PC is a Vista.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What does it look like? Since on the Firefox/Google start-page you can set preferences for all of Google so it can look really funny sometimes. I made it into 1337-speak once and I was confused. haha.

D

Deleted User

OP
It looks like something like this:

GIF89a����!�,D;

But it's longer and sometimes fills the whole screen. It also has the "Numbers in squares" thingie.

D

Deleted User

OP
On other browsers, the websites work fine.

Weird thing, only big websites (CNet, Yahoo, Google, Ebay) got the unicode bug except Wikipedia.

But let's wait, one of my dad's friend claimed he can fix this problem. Let's hope what he said is for real.

_mrshl_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
afif95 said:
It looks like something like this:

GIF89a????!?,D;

But it's longer and sometimes fills the whole screen. It also has the "Numbers in squares" thingie.
Don't have a solution for your problem, because there is too few information for me to determinate it.
But what one can say is, that this is not a "weird unicode" sequence, but simply a .gif-image ("GIF89a" belongs to the image file's header).
Maybe you could explain your problem a bit more detailed...

BumFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that sometimes happenens to me, but its fixed because you probably need to install a language pack, i used to see those boxes on chinese website now its gone its in chinese instead of boxes and symbols

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users