Uncharted 4 will be the next PlayStation exclusive ported to PC, says Sony document

uncharted.png

Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment has just wrapped up an investor presentation regarding the future of the PlayStation brand. The published report shows plenty of new data about the PlayStation 5's recent sales performance, in which the system has had the highest-ever launch sales out of any previous Sony game system (7.8m units). It also discusses the company's plans to bring its IPs to a wider audience, while also targeting fans in locations where consoles aren't as popular as PCs, citing the successful reception of both Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn on the platform thus far. On that same slide, we can see that Sony still intends to bring more of its games over to PC, including one that hasn't been officially announced yet. Uncharted 4 appears to be the next PlayStation 4 exclusive that will get the PC treatment, clearly listed under the "more PC releases planned" tab. No other details were mentioned regarding the port.

:arrow: Source

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another interactive movie heading to PC.. yay.
Your pretty crap at knowing your games then, as you clearly dont know the difference in an interactive movie based game to an action adventure.

Using your logic then every game is an interactive movie..... yeay

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This may be complete nonsense, but I always figured the justification for porting Horizon Zero Dawn was to get PC players interested in it's PS-exclusive sequel. Basically, an investment to encourage future PS owners,

There are no Uncharted games announced currently.. Uncharted 5 confirmed?

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent. I'm all for more PC games, even if they were previously console exclusives. I can scroll through my steam library while I wait for Warzone and Fortnite to update xD

D

Deleted User

lol at some of the replies in this thread. Never understood why people get mad that more people to get play their games. It always seems to be Sony fans too.

They create in their mind that their purchase of Playstation became null and void because a 5 year old game is coming to PC. I'm sure there will be more games that do this but when a game is several years old who cares. I'm pretty sure they were never promised those games would be exclusives forever. Heck PS4 is not even the newest console anymore. It's not like they're ever going to say "God of War Ragnarok coming to PS5 and PC on September 26, 2021"

And I can bet the ones complaining don't even have a Gaming PC otherwise they wouldn't complain so it sounds like pure jealousy that others can play a 5 year old game that they either already beat or don't care about in the first place because why would they have not beat it by now it's not that difficult. Mental illness is a real thing.

I saw a thread recently saying "Why doesn't Nintendo port their games to PC" because half of their fanbase would complain if they did.

Last edited by ,

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What your failing to get is, yes its an adventure/shooter, thats never going to change, but its the story thats its backbone, now its not told this story before.
No, I literally mean 80% of the levels are nigh-identical. I've played 1&2 and both games are pretty egregiously same-y.

D

Deleted User

There are no Uncharted games announced currently.. Uncharted 5 confirmed?

Not from Naughty Dog. Instead of making a new game, they're busy with Last of Us 1 Remake because no one asked for it.

I don't really believe your theory is right anyway. Days Gone is now on PC and AFAIK there is no plan for a sequel to it. Sony said they will be releasing other games too on PC. It's not about trying to push the sequel it may be about just pushing the Sony brand in general so PC gamers go "I need a PS5".

Last edited by ,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at some of the replies in this thread. Never understood why people get mad that more people to get play their games. It always seems to be Sony fans too.

Not necessary. I am Sony fan and I am very happy for people to get this game for their PC because they don't own PS4. They deserve it because this game was very good and I loved it on my PS4. Not all Sony fans are like that. ;)

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They create in their mind that their purchase of Playstation became null and void because a 5 year old game is coming to PC. I'm sure there will be more games that do this but when a game is several years old who cares. I'm pretty sure they were never promised those games would be exclusives forever. Heck PS4 is not even the newest console anymore. It's not like they're ever going to say "God of War Ragnarok coming to PS5 and PC on September 26, 2021"

But ... but ... what about those *MILLIONS* of people that would have bought a PS5 just to play this 5 year old game? Now Sony will sell less consoles, go bankrupt and my digital Playstation Games library will become null and void!

I saw a thread recently saying "Why doesn't Nintendo port their games to PC" because half of their fanbase would complain if they did.

It's actually hard to tell where Nintendo is going nowadays .... they are getting pretty greedy as of late. If they were to go tripple hybrid with the switch (console, handheld AND PC-compatible controller via Bluetooth) they could set up a Steam like shop on PC, with a few older games that work regardless and the rest requiring you to use the Switch as a controller in order to play them. It's a pipe dream for now ... but you never know

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense from a financial perspective. From what I understand, Sony sells consoles either at a loss or with very little return. People aren't shifting away from console at a high pace right now either with the silicon shortage going on. And there will always be lower-income people who will buy a console, so it doesn't really divert that many console sells, which means they can still profit off of license agreements with other developers who wish to sell games on their platform while getting extra sales from Steam players.

Last edited by Delerious,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I literally mean 80% of the levels are nigh-identical. I've played 1&2 and both games are pretty egregiously same-y.
its an action adventure game, following clues to lost treasure set in different locations, yea really nigh identical isnt it.

what else do you want an action adventure game to be, your logic makes no sense because it can apply to any other game:
Forza
Assassins Creed
Gears of War
Call of Duty
Crash Bandicoot
Resident Evil
Tomb Raider

The list goes on and on and on.

What are your expecting, an action adventure game to then break into a different game style like tetris?

but yea, i can see how levels are 80% nigh-identical
Uncharted_4__A_Thief_s_End__20160501193809.0.0.jpg

Madagascar-Uncharted-2.jpg

tit8ia9em5b8meb5pz4t.png

as.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

new-7-1030x579.jpg

a951b6f4e28346ac24a05285b3ecb03a.jpg

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
but yea, i can see how levels are 80% nigh-identical
I'm sorry I can't tell the difference between chucking a grenade at dude and taking cover in the jungle vs chucking a grenade at dude and taking cover at some destroyed Nepali town

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I can't tell the difference between chucking a grenade at dude and taking cover in the jungle vs chucking a grenade at dude and taking cover at some destroyed Nepali town
Because thats an action adventure.
Idiot cant seem erm story, puzzles.

What game, come on, what game do you play that doesnt repeat the same thing.

Mario, jump on shit, collect coin, star, repeat.

Your amusing.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So I'm gonna leave a positive comment, because I do care.
It's literally the only Uncharted game I didn't play, so I'm very excited!
and no,
the vita game doesn't exist.
nope.
nuh uh.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm gonna leave a positive comment, because I do care.
It's literally the only Uncharted game I didn't play, so I'm very excited!
and no,
the vita game doesn't exist.
nope.
nuh uh.
I thought the vita game wasnt bad, bringing console quality uncharted game in your hands, tho i didnt like the over use of tilt and touch screen.

Im on the fence with this ported over, i hope ND are the ones doing it.

Thought good of days gone but was hit with a game breaking bug after a mission it should cut to a cut scene, but went to a black screen and crashed, had to restart laptop and it wouldnt go any further.

Someone was kind to provide me their save just after this mission so i could resume.

Noticing other bugs in the game but hey ho.

Then after spending hours on end doing all the side things like killing all the hoards, nests, nero sites, intel etc.

Gets few more missions done then hits another that cuts to black screen and crashes.

So im in need of someone who has a save just after the mission where you get cuaght by the rippers and lisa cuts you free, because after this cut scene it just goes to black screen and crashes.

Seen online its a known problem, but others facing it on other missions.

So, i hope this isnt going to be a problem with ps4 ports to pc.

Bend still havent released a fix, yet its latest is to fix mouse support, yea thats more important than fixing the actual fecking game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge